Words starting with ali
3 letter words starting with ali
- ali — ?600–661 ad, fourth caliph of Islam (656–61 ad), considered the first caliph by the Shiites: cousin and son-in-law of Mohammed
- ali baba — (in The Arabian Nights' Entertainments) a poor woodcutter who discovers that the magic words "open sesame" will open the doors of the cave containing the treasure of the Forty Thieves
- ali muhammad of shiraz — (the Bab; Ali Muhammad of Shiraz) 1819–50, a Persian religious leader: founder of Bābī.
- ali pasha — known as the Lion of Janina. 1741–1822, Turkish pasha and ruler of Albania (1787–1820), who was deposed and assassinated after intriguing against Turkey
4 letter words starting with ali
5 letter words starting with ali
- alias — An alias is a false name, especially one used by a criminal.
- alibi — If you have an alibi, you can prove that you were somewhere else when a crime was committed.
- alice — a feminine name: dim. Elsie; var. Alicia
- alick — a male given name, form of Alexander.
- alief — (philosophy, psychology) A primitive, subconscious belieflike attitude which may contradict one's conscious beliefs.
6 letter words starting with ali
7 letter words starting with ali
- aliased — Simple past tense and past participle of alias.
- aliases — a false name used to conceal one's identity; an assumed name: The police files indicate that “Smith” is an alias for Simpson.
- alibied — Simple past tense and past participle of alibi.
- alibies — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of alibi.
- alicant — a wine produced near or in Alicante in Spain
8 letter words starting with ali
- aliakmon — a river in N Greece. 200 miles (322 km) long: longest river in Greece.
- aliasing — the error in a vision or sound signal arising from limitations in the system that generates or processes the signal
- alicante — a port in SE Spain: commercial centre. Pop: 305 911 (2003 est)
- alidades — Plural form of alidade.
- alienage — the legal status of an alien
9 letter words starting with ali
- alicyclic — (of an organic compound) having aliphatic properties, in spite of the presence of a ring of carbon atoms
- alienable — (of property) transferable to another owner
- alienated — indifferent, unfriendly, or hostile
- alienates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of alienate.
- alienator — A person who alienates.
10 letter words starting with ali
- alienating — Present participle of alienate.
- alienation — a turning away; estrangement
- alienative — the state of being alienated, withdrawn, or isolated from the objective world, as through indifference or disaffection: the group's alienation from mainstream society.
- alienators — Plural form of alienator.
- alightment — a descent or dismount, normally from a mode of transport
11 letter words starting with ali
12 letter words starting with ali
14 letter words starting with ali
- alimentiveness — the desire to eat, or the instinct to find, food
19 letter words starting with ali
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
On this page, we collect all words starting with ALI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 147 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ALI. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.