Words starting with ale
3 letter words starting with ale
4 letter words starting with ale
- alea — Classical Mythology. an epithet of Athena referring to a sanctuary built in her honor by Aleus.
- alec — A Language with an Extensible Compiler
- alee — on or towards the lee
- alef — (language) A programming language from Bell Labs. ALEF boasts few new ideas but is instead a careful synthesis of ideas from other languages. The result is a practical general purpose programming language which was once displacing C as their main implementation language. Both shared variables and message passing are supported through language constructs. A window system, user interface, operating system network code, news reader, mailer and variety of other tools in Plan 9 are now implemented using ALEF.
- ales — Plural form of ale.
5 letter words starting with ale
6 letter words starting with ale
7 letter words starting with ale
- aleardi — Count Aleardo [ah-le-ahr-daw] /ˌɑ lɛˈɑr dɔ/ (Show IPA), 1812–78, Italian poet and patriot.
- alebion — a son of Poseidon who, with his brother Dercynus, was killed by Hercules while attempting to steal the cattle that Hercules had taken from Geryon.
- alembic — an obsolete type of retort used for distillation
- alencon — a town in NW France: early lace-manufacturing centre. Pop: 28 935 (1999)
- alength — lengthwise or at length
8 letter words starting with ale
- aleatory — dependent on chance
- alebench — a bench inside or in front of an alehouse
- alegrete — a city in SW Brazil.
- alehouse — An alehouse is a pub.
- aleichem — Sholom, real name Solomon Rabinowitz. 1859–1916, US Jewish writer, born in Russia. His works include Tevye the Milkman, which was adapted for the stage musical Fiddler on the Roof
9 letter words starting with ale
- aleatoric — designating or of music that involves chance or unpredictability in composition or performance or both
- alecithal — (of an ovum) having little or no yolk
- alectryon — any sapindaceous tree of the genus Alectryon of Australasia, Southeast Asia, and Micronesia
- alehouses — Plural form of alehouse.
- alemannic — the group of High German dialects spoken in Alsace, Switzerland, and SW Germany
10 letter words starting with ale
- aleixandre — Vicente (viˈθɛnte). 1898–1984, Spanish poet, whose collections include La destrucción o el amor (1935; Destruction or Love): Nobel prize for literature 1977
- aleph-null — the smallest infinite cardinal number; the cardinal number of the set of positive integers
- alessandra — a female given name, Italian form of Alexandra.
- alessandri — Jorge [hawr-he] /ˈhɔr hɛ/ (Show IPA), 1896–1986, Chilean engineer and statesman: president 1958–64.
- alessandro — Victor Nicholas, 1915–76, U.S. orchestra conductor.
11 letter words starting with ale
- aleggeaunce — the alleviation of grief or a burden
- alembicated — (of a literary style) excessively refined; precious
- alendronate — (organic chemistry) Any salt or ester of alendronic acid.
- alessandria — a town in NW Italy, in Piedmont. Pop: 85 438 (2001)
- alethiology — the branch of logic dealing with truth and error.
12 letter words starting with ale
- alexanderson — Ernst F. W [urnst] /ɜrnst/ (Show IPA), 1878–1975, U.S. engineer and inventor.
- alexandretta — Iskenderun
- alexandrines — Plural form of alexandrine.
- alexandrinus — the Greek uncial codex, dating from the early 5th century a.d., originally containing the complete text of the Greek Old and New Testaments.
- alexipharmac — an antidote
13 letter words starting with ale
14 letter words starting with ale
15 letter words starting with ale
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
21 letter words starting with ale
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ALE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 155 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ALE. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.