Words starting with aga
3 letter words starting with aga
- aga — a title of respect, often used with the title of a senior position
- aga khan — the hereditary title of the head of the Ismaili sect of Muslims
- aga khan iii — 1877–1957, leader of the Ismaʿili sect of Muslims in India 1885–1957.
- aga khan iv — Prince Karim (kəˈriːm). born 1936, spiritual leader of the Ismaili sect of Muslims from 1957
- aga saga — a novel or drama depicting the lives and concerns of the English middle classes
4 letter words starting with aga
- agag — an Amalekite king who was captured and spared by Saul but later killed by Samuel. I Sam. 15.
- agal — (among Arabs) a cord wound around a kaffiyeh to hold it in place.
- agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
- agas — Plural form of aga.
5 letter words starting with aga
- agada — the nonlegal or narrative material, as parables, maxims, or anecdotes, in the Talmud and other rabbinical literature, serving either to illustrate the meaning or purpose of the law, custom, or Biblical passage being discussed or to introduce a different, unrelated topic.
- agade — a city on the Euphrates in N Babylonia, the centre of a major empire and civilization (2360–2180 bc)
- again — You use again to indicate that something happens a second time, or after it has already happened before.
- agals — Plural form of agal.
- agama — any small terrestrial lizard of the genus Agama, which inhabit warm regions of the Old World: family Agamidae
6 letter words starting with aga
- agabus — a Christian prophet who predicted a great famine. Acts 11:28.
- agadir — a port in SW Morocco, which became the centre of an international crisis (1911), when a gunboat arrived to protect German interests. Britain issued a strong warning to Germany but the French negotiated and war was averted. In 1960 the town was virtually destroyed by an earthquake, about 10 000 people being killed. Pop: 385 000 (2003)
- againe — Obsolete spelling of again.
- agamas — Plural form of agama.
- agamic — asexual; occurring or reproducing without fertilization
7 letter words starting with aga
- against — If one thing is leaning or pressing against another, it is touching it.
- agalite — a fibrous variety of talc.
- agamede — a daughter of Augeas noted for her skill at using herbs for healing.
- agamete — a reproductive cell, such as the merozoite of some protozoans, that develops into a new form without fertilization
- agamids — Plural form of agamid.
8 letter words starting with aga
- agacerie — allurement, enticement, enchantment, coquetry
- agalloch — the fragrant, resinous wood of an East Indian tree, Aquilaria agallocha, of the mezereum family, used as incense in Asia.
- agalwood — a soft, resinous wood of the Asain tree Aquilaria malaccensis, known for its aromatic qualities, and used in incense
- agaricin — an impure form of agaric acid: formerly used in medicine as an agent for stopping excessive perspiration.
- agaricus — any mushroom of the genus Agaricus, comprising the meadow mushrooms and a commercially grown species, A. brunnescens.
9 letter words starting with aga
- agalactia — absence or failure of secretion of milk
- agamemnon — a king of Mycenae who led the Greeks at the siege of Troy. On his return home he was murdered by his wife Clytemnestra and her lover Aegisthus
- agar-agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
- agatelike — Resembling or characteristic of agate.
- agateware — ceramic ware made to resemble agate or marble
10 letter words starting with aga
11 letter words starting with aga
12 letter words starting with aga
- agalmatolite — a soft, greenish, greyish or yellowish mineral, thought to be a variety of pinite, known particularly for its use by the Chinese for carving
- agamogenesis — asexual reproduction, such as fission or parthenogenesis
- agamogenetic — Of or pertaining to agamogenesis.
- agaricaceous — belonging to the Agaricaceae, a family of fungi including mushrooms having blade-shaped gills on the underside of the cap.
- agathodaemon — A benevolent spirit as opposed to a cacodemon (an evil daemon).
13 letter words starting with aga
- aganglionosis — (medicine) A medical condition involving absence of ganglia.
17 letter words starting with aga
- agathokakological — (nonce word) composed of both good and evil.
18 letter words starting with aga
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
On this page, we collect all words starting with AGA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 107 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with AGA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.