Words starting with af
3 letter words starting with af
4 letter words starting with af
5 letter words starting with af
6 letter words starting with af
- afeard — frightened; afraid
- affair — If an event or a series of events has been mentioned and you want to talk about it again, you can refer to it as the affair.
- affear — (archaic) To frighten, to scare; to terrify.
- affect — If something affects a person or thing, it influences them or causes them to change in some way.
- affeer — to assess, to decide upon an amount
7 letter words starting with af
8 letter words starting with af
- afebrile — without fever
- affeared — Simple past tense and past participle of affear.
- affected — If you describe someone's behaviour as affected, you disapprove of the fact that they behave in an unnatural way that is intended to impress other people.
- affecter — a person who makes a real or pretence show of liking, being, or knowing something
- afferent — bringing or directing inwards to a part or an organ of the body, esp towards the brain or spinal cord
9 letter words starting with af
- affadavit — Misspelling of affidavit.
- affatuate — (obsolete) To infatuate.
- affecters — to give the appearance of; pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of the situation.
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
- affection — If you regard someone or something with affection, you like them and are fond of them.
10 letter words starting with af
- affability — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
- affectable — having the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectedly — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectible — Alternative form of affectable.
- affections — feelings of fondness, esteem
11 letter words starting with af
- affableness — The state or quality of being affable.
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectingly — In a manner so as to affect.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectioned — Simple past tense and past participle of affection.
12 letter words starting with af
- affamishment — (obsolete) starvation.
- affectations — Plural form of affectation.
- affectedness — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectionado — Misspelling of aficionado.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
13 letter words starting with af
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectibility — The quality or state of being affectible.
- affectionally — In an affectional manner.
- affectionated — Simple past tense and past participle of affectionate.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
14 letter words starting with af
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- affectlessness — the inability to have or show emotion or feeling
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words starting with af
- affirmativeness — The property of being affirmative.
16 letter words starting with af
- affectionateness — The state or quality of being affectionate.
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- african-american vernacular english — a dialect of English typically spoken by working-class African-Americans
17 letter words starting with af
- african-caribbean — African-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
On this page, we collect all words starting with AF. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 495 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with AF. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.