Words starting with adr
5 letter words starting with adr
6 letter words starting with adr
- adrate — the price or tariff that businesses pay to advertise
- adread — to dread
- adrian — Edgar Douglas, Baron Adrian. 1889–1977, English physiologist, noted particularly for his research into the function of neurons: shared with Sherrington the Nobel prize for physiology and medicine 1932
- adrift — If a boat is adrift, it is floating on the water and is not tied to anything or controlled by anyone.
- adroit — Someone who is adroit is quick and skilful in their thoughts, behaviour, or actions.
7 letter words starting with adr
- adrenal — on or near the kidneys
- adreno- — adrenal glands
- adrenal gland — an endocrine gland at the anterior end of each kidney. Its medulla secretes adrenaline and noradrenaline and its cortex secretes several steroid hormones
- adrenal glands — one of a pair of ductless glands, located above the kidneys, consisting of a cortex, which produces steroidal hormones, and a medulla, which produces epinephrine and norepinephrine.
- adrenal medulla — the inner part of the adrenal gland from which adrenaline is secreted
8 letter words starting with adr
- adrastea — a small satellite of Jupiter, discovered in 1979
- adrastos — a king of Argos and leader of the Seven against Thebes.
- adrastus — a king of Argos and leader of the Seven against Thebes, of whom he was the sole survivor
- adrenals — Plural form of adrenal.
- adriatic — of or relating to the Adriatic Sea, or to the inhabitants of its coast or islands
9 letter words starting with adr
10 letter words starting with adr
- adrenaline — a hormone that is secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress and increases heart rate, pulse rate, and blood pressure, and raises the blood levels of glucose and lipids. It is extracted from animals or synthesized for such medical uses as the treatment of asthma. Chemical name: aminohydroxyphenylpropionic acid; formula: C9H13NO3
- adrenalise — (British spelling) To render frightening or thrilling, such as to stimulate the production of adrenalin.
- adrenalize — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
- adrenalone — An adrenergic agonist used as a topical vasoconstrictor and hemostatic.
- adrenergic — releasing or activated by adrenaline or an adrenaline-like substance
11 letter words starting with adr
- adrammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31. Compare Anammelech.
- adrenalised — Simple past tense and past participle of adrenalise.
- adrenalitis — (pathology) Inflammation of one or both adrenal glands, leading to an insufficiency of cortisol and/or aldosterone.
- adrenalized — tense or highly charged
12 letter words starting with adr
13 letter words starting with adr
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
14 letter words starting with adr
15 letter words starting with adr
19 letter words starting with adr
20 letter words starting with adr
On this page, we collect all words starting with ADR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 62 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ADR. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.