Words starting with addre
7 letter words starting with addre
- address — Your address is the number of the house, flat, or apartment and the name of the street and the town where you live or work.
- addrest — (obsolete) Simple past tense and past participle of address.
- address bar — the space provided (on a browser) for showing the addresses of websites
- address book — An address book is a book in which you write people's names and addresses.
- address bus — (processor) The connections between the CPU and memory which carry the address from/to which the CPU wishes to read or write. The number of bits of address bus determines the maximum size of memory which the processor can access. See also data bus.
9 letter words starting with addre
- addressed — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
- addressee — The addressee of a letter or parcel is the person or company that it is addressed to.
- addresser — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
- addresses — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
- addressor — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
10 letter words starting with addre
- addressees — the person, company, or the like to whom a piece of mail is addressed.
- addressing — a method by which a computer network can identify which device sent a piece of information over the network, and which device received it
- addression — (obsolete) The act of addressing or directing one's course.
- addressing machine — a printer that prints addresses directly on to letters, labels, and envelopes
- addressing mode — 1. (processor, programming) One of a set of methods for specifying the operand(s) for a machine code instruction. Different processors vary greatly in the number of addressing modes they provide. The more complex modes described below can usually be replaced with a short sequence of instructions using only simpler modes. The most common modes are "register" - the operand is stored in a specified register; "absolute" - the operand is stored at a specified memory address; and "immediate" - the operand is contained within the instruction. Most processors also have indirect addressing modes, e.g. "register indirect", "memory indirect" where the specified register or memory location does not contain the operand but contains its address, known as the "effective address". For an absolute addressing mode, the effective address is contained within the instruction. Indirect addressing modes often have options for pre- or post- increment or decrement, meaning that the register or memory location containing the effective address is incremented or decremented by some amount (either fixed or also specified in the instruction), either before or after the instruction is executed. These are very useful for stacks and for accessing blocks of data. Other variations form the effective address by adding together one or more registers and one or more constants which may themselves be direct or indirect. Such complex addressing modes are designed to support access to multidimensional arrays and arrays of data structures. The addressing mode may be "implicit" - the location of the operand is obvious from the particular instruction. This would be the case for an instruction that modified a particular control register in the CPU or, in a stack based processor where operands are always on the top of the stack. 2. In IBM System 370/XA the addressing mode bit controls the size of the effective address generated. When this bit is zero, the CPU is in the 24-bit addressing mode, and 24 bit instruction and operand effective addresses are generated. When this bit is one, the CPU is in the 31-bit addressing mode, and 31-bit instruction and operand effective addresses are generated.
11 letter words starting with addre
- addressable — possessing or capable of being reached by an address
13 letter words starting with addre
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
14 letter words starting with addre
- addressability — (computing) The capability of a microprocessor etc. to deal with values of a certain size using a single instruction.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ADDRE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 25 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ADDRE. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.