Words starting with ach
3 letter words starting with ach
- ach — an expression of surprise, impatience, disgust, etc
4 letter words starting with ach
5 letter words starting with ach
6 letter words starting with ach
- achaea — a department of Greece, in the N Peloponnese. Capital: Patras. Pop: 318 928 (2001). Area: 3209 sq km (1239 sq miles)
- achage — pain, a state of aching
- achebe — Chinua. 1930–2013, Nigerian novelist. His works include Things Fall Apart (1958), A Man of the People (1966), and Anthills of the Savannah (1987)
- achene — a dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall. It may be smooth, as in the buttercup, or feathery, as in clematis
- achest — Archaic second-person singular form of ache.
7 letter words starting with ach
8 letter words starting with ach
- ach-laut — the voiceless velar fricative sound that is written as ch in Scottish loch or in German ach, often allophonic with the ich-laut
- ach-y-fi — an expression of disgust or abhorrence
- acharyas — Plural form of acharya.
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- achenese — Atjehnese.
9 letter words starting with ach
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
- achievers — to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish: The police crackdown on speeders achieved its purpose.
10 letter words starting with ach
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- acherontic — Of or pertaining to Acheron; infernal; hence, dismal, gloomy; moribund.
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
- achimelech — Ahimelech.
11 letter words starting with ach
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
- acharnement — (archaic) Savage fierceness; ferocity.
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- achondrites — Plural form of achondrite.
12 letter words starting with ach
13 letter words starting with ach
- achievability — The state or condition of being achievable.
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
14 letter words starting with ach
15 letter words starting with ach
On this page, we collect all words starting with ACH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 124 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ACH. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.