Words starting with ace
3 letter words starting with ace
- ace — An ace is a playing card with a single symbol on it. In most card games, the ace of a particular suit has either the highest or the lowest value of the cards in that suit.
- ace bandage — an elasticated bandage used to restrict blood flow to the site of an injury and so reduce inflammation
- ace in the hole — Something that is an ace in the hole is an advantage which you have over an opponent or rival, and which you can use if necessary.
- ace inhibitor — any one of a class of drugs, including captopril, enalapril, and ramipril, that cause the arteries to widen by preventing the synthesis of angiotensin: used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure
- ace it — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
4 letter words starting with ace
- aced — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- aceh — an autonomous region of N Indonesia, in N Sumatra; mountainous with rain forests; scene of separatist conflict since the late 1990s; coastal areas suffered badly in the Indian Ocean tsunami of December 2004. Capital: Banda Aceh. Pop: 3 930 905 (2000). Area: 55 392 sq km (21 381 sq miles)
- acer — any tree or shrub of the genus Acer, often cultivated for their brightly coloured foliage
- aces — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
5 letter words starting with ace
6 letter words starting with ace
- acedia — spiritual sloth or apathy
- acerra — (in Ancient Rome) A small box for holding incense.
- acetal — 1,1-diethoxyethane; a colourless volatile liquid used as a solvent and in perfumes. Formula: CH3CH(OC2H5)2
- acetic — of, containing, producing, or derived from acetic acid or vinegar
- acetin — any of three types of liquid acetate, formed from glycerol and acetic acid, chiefly used in explosives and solvents
7 letter words starting with ace
8 letter words starting with ace
- ace-high — esteemed; respected
- aceldama — the place near Jerusalem that was bought with the 30 pieces of silver paid to Judas for betraying Jesus (Matthew 27:8; Acts 1:19)
- acentric — without a centre
- acephate — a white solid compound, C 4 H 10 NO 3 PS, used as an insecticide against a wide range of plant pests, including aphids, budworms, and tent caterpillars.
- aceramic — not producing pottery: an aceramic South American culture.
9 letter words starting with ace
- acellular — not made up of or containing cells
- acephalic — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct
- acerbated — Simple past tense and past participle of acerbate.
- acerbates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of acerbate.
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
10 letter words starting with ace
- acebutolol — a beta blocker, C 18 H 28 N 2 O 4 , used in the management of hypertension, angina pectoris, and cardiac arrhythmias.
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- acerbating — Present participle of acerbate.
- acerbation — (rare) Bitterness of feeling.
- acervation — a heaping or piling up, gathering, accumulation
11 letter words starting with ace
- acerbically — in an acerbic manner
- acetabulums — Plural form of acetabulum.
- acetanilide — a white crystalline powder used in the manufacture of dyes and rubber, as an analgesic in medicine, and as a precursor in penicillin manufacture. Formula: C6H5NHCOCH3
- acetoacetic — (organic chemistry) Of or pertaining to acetoacetic acid or its derivatives.
- acetobacter — any of several ellipsoidal or rodshaped aerobic bacteria of the genus Acetobacter, certain species of which are used in making vinegar.
12 letter words starting with ace
- acenaphthene — (organic compound) A hydrocarbon, found in coal tar, derived from naphthalene by the addition of a short aliphatic bridge.
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- acepromazine — an orange-colored oil, C19H22N2OS, used as a tranquilizer, esp. to immobilize large animals, and to relieve nausea
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- acetoacetate — (organic chemistry) Any salt or ester of acetoacetic acid.
13 letter words starting with ace
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- acetate-rayon — Chemistry. a salt or ester of acetic acid.
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
14 letter words starting with ace
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
15 letter words starting with ace
16 letter words starting with ace
17 letter words starting with ace
- acenaphthoquinone — (organic compound) A polycyclic aromatic quinone derived from acenaphthene, used as an intermediate for the manufacturing of dyes, pharmaceuticals and pesticides.
20 letter words starting with ace
On this page, we collect all words starting with ACE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 137 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ACE. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.