Words starting with abstract
8 letter words starting with abstract
- abstract — An abstract idea or way of thinking is based on general ideas rather than on real things and events.
- abstract algebra — the branch of mathematics that deals with the extension of algebraic concepts usually associated with the real number system to other, more general systems.
- abstract art — non-representational art
- abstract class — (programming) In object-oriented programming, a class designed only as a parent from which sub-classes may be derived, but which is not itself suitable for instantiation. Often used to "abstract out" incomplete sets of features which may then be shared by a group of sibling sub-classes which add different variations of the missing pieces.
- abstract data type — (programming) (ADT) A kind of data abstraction where a type's internal form is hidden behind a set of access functions. Values of the type are created and inspected only by calls to the access functions. This allows the implementation of the type to be changed without requiring any changes outside the module in which it is defined. A classic example of an ADT is a stack data type for which functions might be provided to create an empty stack, to push values onto a stack and to pop values from a stack.
9 letter words starting with abstract
10 letter words starting with abstract
- abstracted — Someone who is abstracted is thinking so deeply that they are not fully aware of what is happening around them.
- abstracter — One who abstracts, or makes an abstract, as in records or documents. (First attested in the late 17th century.).
- abstractly — in an abstract manner, theoretically
- abstractor — a person who abstracts or makes an abstract
- abstractum — (philosophy, usually, in the plural) Something which is abstract or exists abstractly. (First attested in the mid 19th century.).
11 letter words starting with abstract
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- abstracting journal — a periodical consisting mainly or entirely of abstracts of current works.
- abstracting service — a service that provides abstracts of publications on a subject or group of related subjects, usually on a subscription basis.
12 letter words starting with abstract
13 letter words starting with abstract
- abstractional — relating to abstraction
- abstract-type and scheme-definition language — (language) (ASDL) A language developed as part of Esprit project GRASPIN, as a basis for generating language-based editors and environments. It combines an object-oriented type system, syntax-directed translation schemes and a target-language interface.
14 letter words starting with abstract
On this page, we collect all words starting with ABSTRACT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 41 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ABSTRACT. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.