Words starting with abst
7 letter words starting with abst
- abstain — If you abstain from something, usually something you want to do, you deliberately do not do it.
8 letter words starting with abst
- abstains — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of abstain.
- absterge — to wipe clean or cleanse
- abstract — An abstract idea or way of thinking is based on general ideas rather than on real things and events.
- abstrict — to make (a spore) undergo abstriction
- abstrude — (transitive) To thrust away.
9 letter words starting with abst
- abstained — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- abstainer — a person who abstains from something regarded as improper or unhealthy, especially the drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- abstinent — forbearance from any indulgence of appetite, especially from the use of alcoholic beverages: total abstinence.
- abstracta — Plural form of abstractum.
- abstracts — Plural form of abstract.
10 letter words starting with abst
- abstaining — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- abstemious — Someone who is abstemious avoids doing too much of something enjoyable such as eating or drinking.
- abstenance — Misspelling of abstinence (by confusion with abstention).
- abstenious — Misspelling of abstemious (or possibly of abstentious.).
- abstention — Abstention is a formal act of not voting either for or against a proposal.
11 letter words starting with abst
12 letter words starting with abst
13 letter words starting with abst
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
- abstentionist — a person who practises or advocates abstention or abstentionism
- abstractional — relating to abstraction
- abstract-type and scheme-definition language — (language) (ASDL) A language developed as part of Esprit project GRASPIN, as a basis for generating language-based editors and environments. It combines an object-oriented type system, syntax-directed translation schemes and a target-language interface.
14 letter words starting with abst
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- abstractedness — The state of being abstracted; abstract character. (First attested in the mid 17th century.).
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
15 letter words starting with abst
- abstentiousness — The state or quality of being abstentious.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ABST. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 77 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ABST. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.