Words starting with abb
3 letter words starting with abb
- abb — the yarn used for the warp
4 letter words starting with abb
- abba — Swedish pop group (1972–82): comprised Benny Andersson (born 1946), Agnetha Faltskog (born 1950), Anni-Frid Lyngstad (born 1945), and Bjorn Ulvaeus (born 1945); numerous hit singles included "Waterloo" (1974), "Dancing Queen" (1977), and "The Winner Takes It All" (1980)
- abbe — Ernst. 1840–1905, German physicist, noted for his work in optics and the microscope condenser known as the Abbe condenser
- abbr — abbreviated
- abbs — Plural form of abb.
- abby — a female given name, form of Abigail.
5 letter words starting with abb
- abbai — the part of the Blue Nile above Lake Tana.
- abbas — Ferhat. 1899–1985, Algerian nationalist leader: joined the National Liberation Front (1956); president of the provisional government of the Algerian republic (1958–61)
- abbat — Archaic spelling of abbot.
- abbed — displaying well-developed abdominal muscles
- abbes — a member of the secular clergy.
6 letter words starting with abb
- abbacy — the office, term of office, or jurisdiction of an abbot or abbess
- abbado — Claudio. 1933–2014, Italian conductor; principal conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra (1979–88); director of the Vienna State Opera (1986–91), and the Berlin Philharmonic (1989–2001)
- abbasi — (historical) A silver coin of Persia, introduced by Safavid Shah Abbas in 16th century, worth about twenty cents.
- abbess — An abbess is the nun who is in charge of the other nuns in a convent.
- abbeys — Plural form of abbey.
7 letter words starting with abb
8 letter words starting with abb
9 letter words starting with abb
10 letter words starting with abb
11 letter words starting with abb
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abbreviates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of abbreviate.
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abbreviated test language for avionics systems — (language) (ATLAS) A Mil-spec language for automatic testing of avionics equipment. ATLAS replaced Gaelic and several other test languages.
12 letter words starting with abb
13 letter words starting with abb
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ABB. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 50 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ABB. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.