Words starting with 56kb
Maybe these words will be useful:
- 56k line — (communications) A digital connection (possibly a leased line, possibly switched) capable of carrying 56 kbps. Compare DS0.
- 56 kbps — (communications) (56 kilobits per second) The data capacity of a normal single channel digital telephone channel in North America. The figure is derived from the bandwidth of 4 kHz allocated for such a channel and the 16-bit encoding (4000 times 16 = 64000) used to change analogue signals to digital, minus the 8000 bit/s used for signalling and supervision. At the end of 1997 there were two rival modem designs capable of this rate: k56flex and US Robotics' X2. In February 1998 the ITU proposed a 56kbps standard called V.90, which is expected to be formally approved during September 1998.
- 51forth — (language) A subroutine-threaded Forth for the 8051 by Scott Gehmlich. It comes with source and documentation.
- 586 — (processor) What Intel's Pentium was not called.
- 5ess — Number 5 Electronic Switching System
- 5nf — database normalisation
- 5th glove — (hardware, virtual reality) A data glove and flexor strip kit (5th Glove DFK) sold by Fifth Dimension Technologies for $495 ($345 for the left-handed version, $45 for each extra flexor strip). The DFK provides a data glove, a flexon strip (with an elbow or knee-joint sensor), an interface card, cables, and KineMusica software. The package uses flexible optical-bending sensing to track hand and arm movement. The glove can be used with 5DT's ultrasonic tracking system, the 5DT Head and Hand tracker ($245), which can track movement from up to two metres away from the unit's transmitter.