Words starting with 10
7 letter words starting with 10
- 10base2 — (networking) (Or "cheapernet") The variant of Ethernet that uses thin coaxial cable (RG-58 or similar), as opposed to 10base5 cable. The "10" means 10 Mbps, "base" means "baseband" as opposed to radio frequency and "2" means a maximum single cable length of 200m.
- 10base5 — (networking) An Ethernet network cabling specification operating at ten Mbps, "baseband" (as opposed to radio frequency), and with a maximum single cable length of 500 metres. This is normally carried on RG8 cable. Compare 10base2, 10baseT.
- 10baset — (networking) A variant of Ethernet which allows stations to be attached via twisted pair cable.
8 letter words starting with 10
- 100baset — (networking) Any of several Fast Ethernet 100 MBps CSMA/CD standards for twisted pair cables, including: 100BaseTx (100 Mbps over two-pair Cat5 or better cable), 100BaseT4 (100 Mbps over four-pair Cat3 or better cable), 100BaseT2 (in committee; 100 Mbps over two-pair Cat3 or better cable). All are standards (or planned standards) under IEEE 802.3.
9 letter words starting with 10
- 100basefx — (networking) Fast Ethernet over optical fibre.
- 100basetx — (networking) The predominant form of Fast Ethernet. 100BaseTX runs over two pairs of wires in category 5 cable.
- 100basevg — (networking) A 100 MBps Ethernet standard specified to run over four pairs of category 3 UTP wires (known as voice grade, hence the "VG"). It is also called 100VG-AnyLAN because it was defined to carry both Ethernet and token ring frame types. 100BaseVG was originally proposed by Hewlett-Packard, ratified by the ISO in 1995 and practically extinct by 1998. 100BaseVG started in the IEEE 802.3u committee as Fast Ethernet. One faction wanted to keep CSMA/CD in order to keep it pure Ethernet, even though the collision domain problem limited the distances to one tenth that of 10baseT. Another faction wanted to change to a polling architecture from the hub (they called it "demand priority") in order to maintain the 10baseT distances, and also to make it a deterministic protocol. The CSMA/CD crowd said, "This is 802.3 -- the Ethernet committee. If you guys want to make a different protocol, form your own committee". The IEEE 802.12 committee was thus formed and standardised 100BaseVG. The rest is history.
On this page, we collect all words starting with 10. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with 10. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.