Words ending with ycin
6 letter words ending with ycin
8 letter words ending with ycin
9 letter words ending with ycin
- antimycin — an antibiotic drug active against various fungi
- bleomycin — a glycopeptide antibiotic drug used in the treatment of cancer and Hodgkin's Disease
- kanamycin — An aminoglycoside antibiotic marketed under the trade name Kantrex.
- mitomycin — any of the antibiotics that come from Streptomyces caespitosus
- puromycin — a substance with antibiotic properties, obtained from certain species of Streptomyces
10 letter words ending with ycin
- achromycin — tetracycline
- adriamycin — a trade name of the anticancer drug doxorubicin
- aureomycin — chlortetracycline
- daunomycin — an anthracycline drug that is used as a medication in the treatment of some forms of cancer
- fosfomycin — A broad-spectrum antibiotic, 3-methyloxiran-2-ylphosphonic acid, obtained from certain Streptomyces bacteria.
11 letter words ending with ycin
- actinomycin — any of several toxic antibiotics obtained from bacteria of the genus Streptomyces, used in treating some cancers; the most commonly used is dactinomycin (actinomycin D)
- clindamycin — an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections
- mithramycin — A particular antibiotic drug.
- valinomycin — a cyclic, peptide antibiotic, C 54 H 90 N 6 O 18 , produced by the bacterium Streptomyces fulvissimus; used experimentally to transport potassium across membranes.
12 letter words ending with ycin
- azithromycin — A macrolide antibiotic derived from erythromycin.
- dactinomycin — a cytotoxic polypeptide, C 62 H 86 N 12 O 16 , isolated from the bacterium Streptomyces parvullus, used in the treatment of certain cancers.
- erythromycin — An antibiotic used in the treatment of infections caused by Gram-positive bacteria. It is similar in its effects to penicillin.
- oleandomycin — a macrolide antibiotic used to treat skin infections
- streptomycin — an antibiotic, C 2 1 H 3 9 N 7 O 1 2 , produced by a soil actinomycete, Streptomyces griseus, and used in medicine in the form of its white, water-soluble sulfate salt, chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
13 letter words ending with ycin
- spectinomycin — an antibiotic drug, C 1 4 H 2 4 N 2 O 7 , produced by the actinomycete Streptomyces spectabilis, used in the treatment of susceptible gonorrhea.
- virginiamycin — any of various antibacterial substances derived from the bacterium Streptomyces virginiae, used in antibiotics and in animal feed as a growth stimulant.
19 letter words ending with ycin
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in YCIN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 31 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in YCIN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.