Words ending with x
1 letter words ending with x
- alfonso x — ("Alfonso the Wise") 1221–84, king of Castile 1252–84.
- brand x — (in advertising) a competing brand or product not referred to by name but implied to be of inferior quality.
- charles x — title of Charles Gustavus. 1622–60, king of Sweden, who warred with Poland and Denmark in an attempt to create a unified Baltic state
- christian x — 1890–1947, king of Denmark (1912–47) and Iceland (1918–44)
- clement x — (Emilio Altieri) 1590–1676, Italian ecclesiastic: pope 1670–76.
2 letter words ending with x
3 letter words ending with x
- aix — Advanced Interactive eXecutive
- aux — auxiliary
- bax — Sir Arnold (Edward Trevor). 1883–1953, English composer of romantic works, often based on Celtic legends, including the tone poem Tintagel (1917)
- bmx — bicycle motocross; stunt riding on rough ground or over an obstacle course on a bicycle
- box — A box is a square or rectangular container with hard or stiff sides. Boxes often have lids.
4 letter words ending with x
- ajax — the son of Telamon; a Greek hero of the Trojan War who killed himself in vexation when Achilles' armour was given to Odysseus
- alex — a male given name, form of Alexander.
- amex — American Express
- anax — one of the Gigantes and father of Asterius.
- apex — An Apex or an Apex ticket is a ticket for a journey by air or rail which costs less than the standard ticket, but which you have to book a specified period in advance.
5 letter words ending with x
- acrux — a star of the first magnitude in the constellation Southern Cross.
- addax — a large light-coloured antelope, Addax nasomaculatus, having ribbed loosely spiralled horns and inhabiting desert regions in N Africa: family Bovidae, order Artiodactyla
- admix — to mix or blend
- affix — If you affix one thing to another, you stick it or attach it to the other thing.
- annex — If a country annexes another country or an area of land, it seizes it and takes control of it.
6 letter words ending with x
7 letter words ending with x
- antapex — the point exactly opposite in direction to the solar apex; the point away from which the solar system is moving and toward which the stars appear to be converging, located in the constellation Columba.
- antefix — a carved ornament at the eaves of a roof to hide the joint between the tiles
- anthrax — Anthrax is a disease of cattle and sheep, in which they get painful sores and a fever. Anthrax can be used in biological weapons.
- antitax — opposed to taxation
- antivax — of, relating to, or noting people, especially parents of young children, who distrust or are against vaccination: the antivax movement.
8 letter words ending with x
- aftertax — remaining after applicable taxes have been deducted: a sharp decrease in her aftertax income.
- anthelix — a prominent curved fold of cartilage just inside the outer rim of the external ear
- appendix — Your appendix is a small closed tube inside your body which is attached to your digestive system.
- astyanax — the young son of Hector and Andromache, who was hurled from the walls of Troy by the Greeks
- aviatrix — a female aviator
9 letter words ending with x
- antihelix — the rounded piece of cartilage inside the outer rim (helix) of the ear; anthelix
- battle-ax — a heavy ax with a wide blade, formerly used as a weapon of war
- bellatrix — the third brightest star in the constellation Orion
- bisectrix — the bisector of the angle between the optic axes of a crystal
- chartreux — a breed of sturdy cat with short dense woolly fur
10 letter words ending with x
- anticlimax — You can describe something as an anticlimax if it disappoints you because it happens after something that was very exciting, or because it is not as exciting as you expected.
- appomattox — a village in central Virginia where the Confederate army under Robert E. Lee surrendered to Ulysses S. Grant's Union forces on April 9, 1865, effectively ending the American Civil War
- bigarreaux — a large, heart-shaped variety of sweet cherry, having firm flesh.
- bordereaux — a detailed memorandum, especially one in which documents are listed.
- chatterbox — A chatterbox is someone who talks a lot.
11 letter words ending with x
12 letter words ending with x
- chartophylax — an official who serves chiefly as the chancellor and archivist of a diocese.
- herstmonceux — a village in S England, in E Sussex north of Eastbourne: 15th-century castle, site of the Royal Observatory, which was transferred from Greenwich between 1948 and 1958, until 1990
- hydrosalpinx — A distally blocked Fallopian tube filled with serous or clear fluid.
- leakage-flux — an act of leaking; leak.
- mesoappendix — the mesentery of the vermiform appendix.
13 letter words ending with x
- active-matrix — of or relating to a high-resolution liquid-crystal display (LCD) with high contrast, the most common type of flat-panel display.
- archaeopteryx — any of several extinct primitive birds constituting the genus Archaeopteryx, esp A. lithographica, which occurred in Jurassic times and had teeth, a long tail, well-developed wings, and a body covering of feathers
- cephalothorax — the anterior part of many crustaceans and some other arthropods consisting of a united head and thorax
- chocolate-box — Chocolate-box places or images are very pretty but in a boring or conventional way.
- golgi-complex — an organelle, consisting of layers of flattened sacs, that takes up and processes secretory and synthetic products from the endoplasmic reticulum and then either releases the finished products into various parts of the cell cytoplasm or secretes them to the outside of the cell.
14 letter words ending with x
- administratrix — a woman administrator
- concavo-convex — having one side concave and the other side convex
- convexo-convex — (esp of a lens) having both sides convex; biconvex
- laryngopharynx — the lower part of the pharynx, above the larynx.
- passive-matrix — of or relating to a relatively low-resolution liquid-crystal display (LCD) with low contrast, a type of flat-panel display.
15 letter words ending with x
- jack-in-the-box — a toy consisting of a box from which an enclosed figure springs up when the lid is opened.
16 letter words ending with x
- hemopneumothorax — (medicine) pneumothorax and hemothorax occurring together.
17 letter words ending with x
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
19 letter words ending with x
- dollard-des-ormeaux — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada: suburb of Montreal.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter X. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1540 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in X that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.