Words ending with und
4 letter words ending with und
- bund — an embankment; dyke
- fund — a supply of money or pecuniary resources, as for some purpose: a fund for his education; a retirement fund.
- lund — a city in SE Sweden, northeast of Malmö: founded in about 1020 by the Danish King Canute; the archbishopric for all Scandinavia in the Middle Ages; university (1668). Pop: 101 427 (2004 est)
- mund — (obsolete) A hand.
- tund — to beat or hit (someone or something)
5 letter words ending with und
- bound — Bound is the past tense and past participle of bind.
- found — simple past tense and past participle of find.
- gound — (UK dialectal) Mucus produced by the eyes during sleep.
- hound — Nautical. either of a pair of fore-and-aft members at the lower end of the head of a mast, for supporting the trestletrees, that support an upper mast at its heel. Compare cheek (def 12).
- laund — an open grassy space
6 letter words ending with und
- -bound — -bound combines with nouns to form adjectives which describe a person who finds it impossible or very difficult to leave the specified place.
- abound — If things abound, or if a place abounds with things, there are very large numbers of them.
- akhund — (chiefly, historical) A spiritual leader in Persia and parts of Central Asia.
- around — To be positioned around a place or object means to surround it or be on all sides of it. To move around a place means to go along its edge, back to your starting point.
- buhund — a medium-sized Norwegian spitz dog
7 letter words ending with und
- aground — If a ship runs aground, it touches the ground in a shallow part of a river, lake, or the sea, and gets stuck.
- alesund — a port and market town in W Norway, on an island between Bergen and Trondheim: fishing and sealing fleets. Pop: 40 001 (2004 est)
- astound — If something astounds you, you are very surprised by it.
- cofound — to found jointly
- contund — to pummel or bruise (a person)
8 letter words ending with und
9 letter words ending with und
- air-bound — stopped up by air.
- all-round — An all-round person is good at a lot of different skills, academic subjects, or sports.
- backround — Misspelling of background.
- boarhound — a hound used to chase boar
- buckhound — a hound, smaller than a staghound, used for hunting the smaller breeds of deer, esp fallow deer
10 letter words ending with und
- all-around — You say all around to indicate that something affects all parts of a situation or all members of a group.
- background — Your background is the kind of family you come from and the kind of education you have had. It can also refer to such things as your social and racial origins, your financial status, or the type of work experience that you have.
- bloodhound — A bloodhound is a large dog with a very good sense of smell. Bloodhounds are often used to find people or other animals by following their scent.
- boozehound — a person who drinks excessive amounts of alcohol regularly
- brassbound — inflexibly entrenched
11 letter words ending with und
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- belowground — underground
- bergschrund — a crevasse at the head of a glacier
- changeround — the process of changing position
- honor-bound — bound by or placed under the obligation of honor: She felt honor-bound to defend her friend.
12 letter words ending with und
- battleground — A battleground is the same as a battlefield.
- changearound — the act of changing to a different position
- fardel-bound — (of ruminants) having the food impacted in the third compartment of the stomach; costive; constipated.
- honour-bound — morally obliged
- leatherbound — Bound in leather.
13 letter words ending with und
- air-to-ground — operating between an aircraft in flight and a target on the ground
- college-bound — intending to go to college
- figure-ground — a property of perception in which there is a tendency to see parts of a visual field as solid, well-defined objects standing out against a less distinct background.
- hollow-ground — ground so as to produce a concave surface or surfaces behind a cutting edge: the hollow-ground blade of an ice skate.
- outward-bound — headed in an outward direction, as toward foreign ports: We passed an outward-bound ship as we came into the harbor.
14 letter words ending with und
- compound-wound — noting an electric device in which part of the field circuit is in parallel with the armature circuit and part is in series with it.
- cross-compound — (of a compound engine or turbine) having the high-pressure and low-pressure units side by side.
- dumping-ground — dump (def 17).
- merry-go-round — Also called carousel, carrousel. (in amusement parks, carnivals, etc.) a revolving, circular platform with wooden horses or other animals, benches, etc., on which people may sit or ride, usually to the accompaniment of mechanical or recorded music.
15 letter words ending with und
16 letter words ending with und
20 letter words ending with und
On this page, we collect all words that ending in UND. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 649 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in UND that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.