Words ending with u
1 letter words ending with u
2 letter words ending with u
- au — Australia
- bu — bureau
- cu — Cuba
- du — (tool, storage) ("disk usage") The Unix command to list the amount of disk space consumed by a directory and its subdirectories.
- eu — The EU is an organization of European countries which have joint policies on matters such as trade, agriculture, and finance. EU is an abbreviation for 'European Union'.
3 letter words ending with u
4 letter words ending with u
5 letter words ending with u
- aarau — a town in N Switzerland, capital of Aargau canton: capital of the Helvetic Republic from 1798 to 1803. Pop: 15 470 (2000)
- abihu — a son of Aaron who, with Nadab, was destroyed by fire from heaven for disobeying the Lord. Lev. 10:1–5.
- adieu — Adieu means the same as goodbye.
- ahuru — a small pink cod, Auchenoceros punctatus, of SW Pacific waters
- anjou — a former province of W France, in the Loire valley: a medieval countship from the 10th century, belonging to the English crown from 1154 until 1204; annexed by France in 1480
6 letter words ending with u
- aargau — a canton in N Switzerland. Capital: Aarau. Pop: 556 200 (2002 est). Area: 1404 sq km (542 sq miles)
- abattu — dejected
- acajou — a type of mahogany used by cabinet-makers in France
- allyou — all of you
- amadou — a spongy substance made from certain fungi, such as Polyporus (or Fomes) fomentarius and related species, used as tinder to light fires, in medicine to stop bleeding, and, esp formerly, by anglers to dry off dry flies between casts
7 letter words ending with u
- ala-tau — several mountain ranges of the Tien Shan system in E Kyrgyzstan and SE Kazakhstan. Highest peak, 18,000 feet (5490 meters).
- angelou — Maya, real name Marguerite Johnson. 1928–2014, US Black novelist, poet, and dramatist. Her works include the autobiographical novel I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (1970) and its sequels
- antiflu — acting against influenza
- aracaju — a port in E Brazil, capital of Sergipe state. Pop: 701 000 (2005 est)
- babassu — a Brazilian palm tree, Orbignya martiana (or O. speciosa), having hard edible nuts that yield an oil used in making soap, margarine, etc
8 letter words ending with u
- abelungu — (South Africa, now chiefly pejorative) White people collectively.
- aboideau — a dyke with a sluicegate that allows flood water to drain but keeps the sea water out
- aboiteau — (Canada, Acadia) alternate form of aboideau.
- anianiau — a small Hawaiian honeycreeper, Loxops parva, occurring in the high forests of Kauai.
- aramburu — Pedro Eugenio [pe-th raw e-oo-he-nyaw] /ˈpɛ ðrɔ ˌɛ uˈhɛ nyɔ/ (Show IPA), 1903–70, president of Argentina 1955–58.
9 letter words ending with u
- amaterasu — the Japanese Shinto goddess personifying the sun.
- antonescu — Ion. 1882–1946, Romanian general and statesman; appointed prime minister (1940) by King Carol II. He was executed for war crimes
- bangaluru — a city in and the capital of Karnataka, in SW India.
- bangweulu — shallow lake in N Zambia: including swamps, 3,800 sq mi (9,842 sq km)
- batardeau — A cofferdam.
10 letter words ending with u
- akiapolaau — a rare yellow Hawaiian honeycreeper, Hemignathus munroi, having a long slender down-curved upper bill and a short straight lower bill.
- bouguereau — Adolphe William [a-dawlf veel-yam] /aˈdɔlf vilˈyam/ (Show IPA), 1825–1905, French painter.
- chikamatsu — Monzaemon [mawn-zah-e-mawn] /ˈmɔn zɑ ɛˈmɔn/ (Show IPA), 1653–1724, Japanese playwright.
- chiungchou — Qiongzhou.
- chuang-tzu — Also, Chwang-tse. (Chuang Chow) flourished 4th century b.c, Chinese mystic and philosopher.
11 letter words ending with u
- caniapiscau — a river in NE Quebec, Canada, flowing NW to the Larch River (Mélèzes) 575 miles (925 km) long.
- chibougamau — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada.
- minangkabau — a member of an Indonesian people native to west-central Sumatra.
- montesquieu — (Charles Louis de Secondat, Baron de la Brède et de Montesquieu) 1689–1755, French philosophical writer.
- ouagadougou — a republic in W Africa: formerly part of French West Africa. 106,111 sq. mi. (274,827 sq. km). Capital: Ouagadougou.
12 letter words ending with u
- cash-in-lieu — Cash-in-lieu is payment of cash instead of stock when a stock splits or changes and the shareholder only owns a partial share.
- changchiakou — Zhangjiakou
- come-all-you — a street ballad, especially in England.
- eisteddfodau — Plural form of eisteddfod.
- haji-ioannou — Sir Stelios. born 1967, British businessman, born in Greece; founder (1995) and chairman (until 2002) of the low-cost airline company Easyjet
13 letter words ending with u
- changchiak'ou — Zhangjiakou.
- fontainebleau — a town in N France, SE of Paris: famous palace, long a favorite residence of French kings; extensive forest.
- guinea-bissau — a republic on the W coast of Africa, between Guinea and Senegal: formerly a Portuguese overseas province; gained independence in 1974. 13,948 sq. mi. (36,125 sq. km). Capital: Bissau.
14 letter words ending with u
- marvel-of-peru — the four-o'clock, Mirabilis jalapa.
15 letter words ending with u
16 letter words ending with u
- holier-than-thou — obnoxiously pious; sanctimonious; self-righteous.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1175 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.