Words ending with tomy
5 letter words ending with tomy
6 letter words ending with tomy
- -stomy — indicating a surgical operation performed to make an artificial opening into or for a specified part
- ectomy — (medicine) Any operation involving surgical excision or removal.
- ostomy — any of various surgical procedures, as a colostomy, in which an artificial opening is made so as to permit the drainage of waste products either into an appropriate organ or to the outside of the body.
- ottomy — (obsolete) skeleton.
7 letter words ending with tomy
8 letter words ending with tomy
- autotomy — the casting off by an animal of a part of its body, to facilitate escape when attacked
- colotomy — a colonic incision
- ileotomy — (surgery) cutting into the ileum; ileostomy.
- lobotomy — the operation of cutting into a lobe, as of the brain or the lung.
- oncotomy — the surgical removal of a tumour
9 letter words ending with tomy
- adenotomy — (anatomy) Dissection of, or incision into, a gland or glands.
- amniotomy — the artificial rupturing of the fetal membranes by a doctor or midwife to induce or expedite labour
- atriotomy — (medicine) The surgical opening of an atrium.
- cecostomy — Alternative spelling of caecostomy.
- celiotomy — laparotomy (def 2).
10 letter words ending with tomy
- adenectomy — surgical removal of a gland
- antrostomy — (surgery) Incision and drainage of the antrum.
- arthrotomy — (medicine) The surgical incision of a joint.
- caecostomy — (surgery) An operation involving bringing the caecum through the abdominal wall, most often by a tube, and opening it for drainage or decompression, usually to treat an obstruction of the colon.
- cardiotomy — (surgery) The procedure of making an incision in the heart.
11 letter words ending with tomy
- apicoectomy — a surgical procedure to remove the end of a tooth root in endodontic therapy.
- arteriotomy — the surgical cutting of an artery or a cut made in an artery
- arthrectomy — surgical excision of a joint
- atherectomy — the removal of plaque from an artery by means of a tiny rotating cutting blade inserted through a catheter.
- capsulotomy — (surgery) incision into a capsule, especially into the lens of the eye when removing cataracts.
12 letter words ending with tomy
- alveolectomy — The surgical reshaping of the alveolar ridge to facilitate dental prosthesis.
- amygdalotomy — (surgery) Surgical removal of the amygdala.
- anthropotomy — the structure of the human body
- appendectomy — the surgical removal of the vermiform appendix
- cervicectomy — (medicine) Surgical removal of the cervix.
13 letter words ending with tomy
- adenoidectomy — surgical removal of the adenoids
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- encephalotomy — The dissection of the brain.
- hemicolectomy — (surgery) A colectomy involving the removal of only the ascending (right) colon or the descending (left) colon.
- ileocolostomy — the surgical formation of an artificial opening between the ileum and the colon.
14 letter words ending with tomy
- appendicectomy — surgical removal of any appendage, esp the vermiform appendix
- cholecystotomy — the surgical procedure of cutting into the gall bladder in order to extract gallstones
- choledochotomy — incision of the common bile duct.
- clitoridectomy — the surgical removal of the clitoris: a form of female circumcision, esp practised as a religious or ethnic rite
- commissurotomy — the incision of a band of commissures, especially of mitral fibers, to correct mitral stenosis.
15 letter words ending with tomy
- cholecystectomy — surgical removal of the gall bladder
- cholecystostomy — a medical cut or opening into the gall bladder to enable a drainage tube to be put in place
- choledochostomy — formation of a temporary opening through the abdominal wall into the common bile duct, usually to remove stones.
- hemicraniectomy — (surgery) The surgical removal of half of the cranium to enable brain surgery; hemicraniotomy.
- hemiglossectomy — (surgery) The surgical removal of a portion of the tongue.
16 letter words ending with tomy
- dacryocystectomy — The surgical removal of a part of the lacrimal sac.
- diverticulectomy — (surgery) The surgical removal of a diverticulum.
- hemicorporectomy — (surgery) The surgical procedure which cuts through the spine and removes the lower half of the body from the waist down.
- hemorrhoidectomy — the surgical removal of hemorrhoids.
- ureterolithotomy — incision of a ureter for removal of a calculus.
17 letter words ending with tomy
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
- gastroenterostomy — the making of a new passage between the stomach and the duodenum (gastroduodenostomy) or, especially, the jejunum (gastrojejunostomy)
- gastrojejunostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
- haemorrhoidectomy — surgical removal of haemorrhoids
- parathyroidectomy — the excision of a parathyroid gland.
18 letter words ending with tomy
19 letter words ending with tomy
- choledocholithotomy — The removal of the gallstone from the bile duct in a case of choledocholithiasis.
21 letter words ending with tomy
22 letter words ending with tomy
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TOMY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 274 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TOMY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.