Words ending with tem
3 letter words ending with tem
- pro tem — temporarily; for the time being.
4 letter words ending with tem
- item — a separate article or particular: 50 items on the list.
- stem — science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, considered as a group of academic or career fields (often used attributively): degree programs in STEM disciplines; teaching STEM in high school.
- baluster stem — a stem of a drinking glass or the like having a gradual swelling near the top or bottom.
- black stem — a disease of plants, characterized by blackened stems and defoliation, caused by any of several fungi, as Ascochyta imperfecta or Mycosphaerella lethalis.
- blue stem — a disease of raspberries and blackberries, characterized by blue discoloration of the stem, wilting, and discoloration and decay of the roots, caused by a fungus, Verticillium alboatrum.
5 letter words ending with tem
- retem — a shrub, Retama raetam, of Syria and Arabia, having white flowers: said to be the juniper of the Old Testament.
- satem — belonging to or consisting of those branches of the Indo-European family in which alveolar or palatal fricatives, as the sounds (s) or (sh), developed in ancient times from Proto-Indo-European palatal stops: the satem branches are Indo-Iranian, Armenian, Slavic, Baltic, and Albanian.
- totem — a natural object or an animate being, as an animal or bird, assumed as the emblem of a clan, family, or group.
- ad litem — (formerly, esp of a guardian) appointed for a lawsuit
- guardian ad litem — a person appointed by a court as guardian of an infant or other person to act on his or her behalf in a particular action or proceeding.
6 letter words ending with tem
- destem — to remove the stem from (a fruit or vegetable); stem.
- montem — a former money-raising practice for the benefit of the senior college at Eton school, whereby pupils dressed up in fancy dress and walked to a hill near Slough and asked for donations from anyone they saw on the way there
- restem — to move or force back against a current
- system — an assemblage or combination of things or parts forming a complex or unitary whole: a mountain system; a railroad system.
- a data management system — (software, tool) (ADAM) A suite of software tools intended to assist in the design and testing of military information processing systems. ADAM was developed by the MITRE Corporation in 1966. It consisted of 53 different programs which ran on an IBM 7030 (STRETCH). It was targetted at systems that had to cope with large volumes of data with complex relationships with rapid response and increasing requirements. ADAM was part of the Information Systems Tools and Software Techniques project.
7 letter words ending with tem
8 letter words ending with tem
- bluestem — a name applied to a number of North American prairie grasses
- f-system — a system that indicates the relative aperture of a camera lens based on the f-number.
- meristem — embryonic tissue in plants; undifferentiated, growing, actively dividing cells.
- nefertem — Ptah, as the personification of the lotus that keeps Ra alive with its fragrance.
- pipestem — the stem of a tobacco pipe.
9 letter words ending with tem
- brainstem — the stalklike part of the brain consisting of the medulla oblongata, the midbrain, and the pons Varolii
- diasystem — a linguistic system forming a common denominator for a group or set of dialects.
- ecosystem — a system, or a group of interconnected elements, formed by the interaction of a community of organisms with their environment.
- exosystem — (astronomy) A system of exoplanets and associated star.
- nonsystem — a system that does not function properly
10 letter words ending with tem
11 letter words ending with tem
- ante-mortem — (esp in legal or medical contexts) before death
- intersystem — an assemblage or combination of things or parts forming a complex or unitary whole: a mountain system; a railroad system.
- macrosystem — A programming system in which small constructs (macros) represent groups of machine instructions.
- microsystem — A microscopic system, especially a system using microscopic electromechanical components.
- multisystem — Of or pertaining to more than one system (especially systems of computers).
12 letter words ending with tem
16 letter words ending with tem
- operating-system — the collection of software that directs a computer's operations, controlling and scheduling the execution of other programs, and managing storage, input/output, and communication resources. Abbreviation: OS.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TEM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 394 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TEM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.