Words ending with tape
4 letter words ending with tape
- tape — a long, narrow strip of linen, cotton, or the like, used for tying garments, binding seams or carpets, etc.
- adhesive tape — tape with an adhesive on one side that is used to join things or bind things
- advanced intelligent tape — (storage) (AIT) A form of magnetic tape and drive using AME developed by Sony for storing large amounts of data. An AIT can store over 50 gigabytes and transfer data at six megabytes/second (in February 1999). AIT features high speed file access, long head and media life, the ALDC compression algorithm, and a MIC chip.
- barbed tape — wire with razor-sharp edges or projections, placed in coils as a barrier along the tops of fences or walls, as at a prison.
- blank tape — magnetic tape that has no recorded sound or image, as an unused or erased tape.
6 letter words ending with tape
- retape — a long, narrow strip of linen, cotton, or the like, used for tying garments, binding seams or carpets, etc.
7 letter words ending with tape
- dectape — (hardware, storage) A reel of magnetic tape about 4 inches in diameter and one inch wide. Unlike today's macrotapes, microtape drivers allowed random access to the data, and therefore could be used to support file systems and even for swapping (this was generally done purely for hack value, as they were far too slow for practical use). DECtape was a variant on LINCtape. In their heyday DECtapes were used in pretty much the same ways one would now use a floppy disk: as a small, portable way to save and transport files and programs.
- mixtape — a recording on a cassette tape, CD, or digital medium, consisting of music or songs selected by a single person: My boyfriend made me the greatest mixtape for my birthday.
- pretape — to record in advance of broadcast
8 letter words ending with tape
- griptape — a rough tape for sticking to a surface to provide a greater grip
- inchtape — a measuring tape marked out in inches
- linctape — (storage) A formatted, block-oriented, high-reliability, random access tape system used on the Laboratory Instrument Computer. The tape was 3/4" wide. The funny DECtape is actually a variant of the original LINCtape. According to Wesley Clark, DEC tried to "improve" the LINCtape system, which mechanically, was wonderfully simple and elegant. The DEC version had pressure fingers and tape guides to force alignment as well as huge DC servo motors and complex control circuitry. These literally shredded the tape to bits if not carefully adjusted, and required frequent cleaning to remove all the shedded tape oxide. That was amazing, because the tape had a micro-thin plastic layer OVER the oxide to protect it. What happened was that all the forced alignment stuff caused shredding at the edge. An independent company, Computer Operations[?], built LINCtape drives for use in nuclear submarines. This was based on the tape system's high reliability. Correspondent Brian Converse has a picture of himself holding a LINCtape punched full of 1/4" holes. It still worked!
- nametape — a fabric tape on which a person's name is written, woven, or printed: for affixing to garments and other personal belongings to identify ownership.
9 letter words ending with tape
- audiotape — Audiotape is magnetic tape which is used to record sound.
- macrotape — (storage) /mak'roh-tayp/ An industry-standard reel of magnetic tape, as opposed to a microtape. See also round tape.
- microtape — (hardware, storage) /mi:'kroh-tayp/ Occasionally used to mean a DECtape, as opposed to a macrotape. Apparently the term "microtape" was actually the official term used within DEC for these tapes until someone coined the word "DECtape", which, of course, sounded sexier to the marketroids. Another version of the story holds that someone discovered a conflict with another company's "microtape" trademark.
- sellotape — clear sticking tape
- videotape — magnetic tape on which the electronic impulses produced by the video and audio portions of a television program, motion picture, etc., are recorded (distinguished from audiotape).
10 letter words ending with tape
- stereotape — magnetic tape used for recording and reproducing sound stereophonically.
11 letter words ending with tape
- scotch-tape — to fasten or mend with Scotch tape.
13 letter words ending with tape
- cassette-tape — Also called cassette tape. a compact case containing a length of magnetic tape that runs between two small reels: used for recording or playback of audio or video in a tape recorder, cassette deck, video camera, or VCR, and for storage of data by some small computer systems. See also audiocassette, videocassette.
- magnetic-tape — a ribbon of material, usually with a plastic base, coated on one side (single tape) or both sides (double tape) with a substance containing iron oxide, to make it sensitive to impulses from an electromagnet: used to record sound, images, data, etc.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TAPE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 64 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TAPE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.