Words ending with rgh
4 letter words ending with rgh
- argh — an exclamation expressing pain
5 letter words ending with rgh
- aargh — a cry of pain
- bergh — Henry, 1811–88, U.S. social reformer: founder of A.S.P.C.A.
- burgh — (in Scotland) a town, esp one incorporated by charter, that enjoyed a degree of self-government until the local-government reorganization of 1975
- murgh — (in Indian cookery) chicken.
- royal burgh — (in Scotland) a burgh that was established by a royal charter granted directly by the sovereign
6 letter words ending with rgh
8 letter words ending with rgh
9 letter words ending with rgh
- aldeburgh — a small resort in SE England, in Suffolk: site of an annual music festival established in 1948 by Benjamin Britten. Pop: 2654 (2001)
- edinburgh — a division of the United Kingdom in the N part of Great Britain. 30,412 sq. mi. (78,772 sq. km). Capital: Edinburgh.
- lindbergh — Anne (Spencer) Morrow, 1906–2001, U.S. writer (wife of Charles Augustus Lindbergh).
- charles lindbergh — Anne (Spencer) Morrow, 1906–2001, U.S. writer (wife of Charles Augustus Lindbergh).
- university of edinburgh — (body, education) A university in the centre of Scotland's capital. The University of Edinburgh has been promoting and setting standards in education for over 400 years. Granted its Royal Charter in 1582 by James VI, the son of Mary Queen of Scots, the University was founded the following year by the Town Council of Edinburgh, making it the first post-Reformation university in Scotland, and the first civic university to be established in the British Isles. Known in its early years as King James College, or the Tounis (Town's) College, the University soon established itself internationally, and by the 18th century Edinburgh was a leading centre of the European Enlightenment and one of the continent's principal universities. The University's close relationship with the city in which it is based, coupled with a forward-looking, international perspective, has kept Edinburgh at the forefront of new research and teaching developments whilst enabling it to retain a uniquely Scottish character. Edinburgh's academics are at the forefront of developments in the study and application of languages, medicine, micro-electronics, biotechnology, computer-based disciplines and many other subjects. Edinburgh's standing as a world centre for research is further enhanced by the presence on and around University precincts of many independently-funded, but closely linked, national research institutes Address: Old College, South Bridge, Edinburgh, Scotland EH8 9YL, UK. Telephone: +44 (131) 650 1000. See also ABSET, ABSYS, Alice, ASL+, Baroque, C++Linda, Cogent Prolog, COWSEL, Echidna, Edinburgh Prolog, Edinburgh SML, EdML, ELLIS, ELSIE, ESLPDPRO, Extended ML, Hope, IMP, LCF, Lisp-Linda, Marseille Prolog, metalanguage, MIKE, ML, ML Kit, ML-Linda, Multipop-68, Nuprl, Oblog, paraML, Pascal-Linda, POP-1, POP-2, POPLER, Prolog, Prolog-2, Prolog-Linda, Scheme-Linda, Skel-ML, Standard ML, Sticks&Stones, supercombinators, SWI-Prolog, tail recursion modulo cons, WPOP.
10 letter words ending with rgh
- pittsburgh — a port in SW Pennsylvania, at the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers that forms the Ohio River: steel industry.
11 letter words ending with rgh
- plattsburgh — a city in NE New York, on Lake Champlain: battle, 1814.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in RGH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 18 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in RGH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.