Words ending with re
2 letter words ending with re
- de re — (of a belief, possibility, etc) relating to the individual rather than to an expression, as the necessity of the number of wonders of the world is prime since that number, seven, is necessarily prime
3 letter words ending with re
- are — Are is the plural and the second person singular of the present tense of the verb be1. Are is often shortened to -'re after pronouns in spoken English.
- bre — Building Research Establishment
- cre — Commission for Racial Equality
- dre — direct recording electronic: a system of voting in elections in which voters enter choices using an electronic device such as a touchscreen
- gre — Generic Routing Encapsulation
4 letter words ending with re
- acre — An acre is an area of land measuring 4840 square yards or 4047 square metres.
- aire — a river in N England rising in the Pennines and flowing southeast to the Ouse. Length: 112 km (70 miles)
- awre — Atomic Weapons Research Establishment
- ayre — air1 (def 8d).
- bare — If a part of your body is bare, it is not covered by any clothing.
5 letter words ending with re
- adore — If you adore someone, you feel great love and admiration for them.
- afire — If something is afire or is set afire, it is on fire or looks as if it is on fire.
- afore — before
- akure — a city in SW Nigeria, capital of Ondo state: agricultural trade centre. Pop: 434 000 (2005 est)
- alure — a flat passage often found behind parapets of churches or battlements
6 letter words ending with re
- abjure — If you abjure something such as a belief or way of life, you state publicly that you will give it up or that you reject it.
- adhere — If you adhere to an opinion or belief, you support or hold it.
- adjure — to command, often by exacting an oath; charge
- admire — If you admire someone or something, you like and respect them very much.
- adware — a type of computer software that collects information about a user's browsing patterns in order to display relevant advertisements in his or her Web browser
7 letter words ending with re
- acquire — If you acquire something, you buy or obtain it for yourself, or someone gives it to you.
- affaire — a love affair
- airfare — The airfare to a place is the amount it costs to fly there.
- anymore — If something does not happen or is not true anymore, it has stopped happening or is no longer true.
- ardmore — a city in S Oklahoma.
8 letter words ending with re
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- aberdare — a town in South Wales, in Rhondda Cynon Taff county borough. Pop: 31 705 (2001)
- accoutre — to provide with equipment or dress, esp military
- air-core — having a nonmagnetic core, as one of fiber or plastic, encircled by a coil (air-core coil) or containing one or more such coils: air-core transformer.
- albacore — a tunny, Thunnus alalunga, occurring mainly in warm regions of the Atlantic and Pacific. It has very long pectoral fins and is a valued food fish
9 letter words ending with re
- acrospire — the first shoot developing from the plumule of a germinating grain seed
- acrospore — a spore borne at the tip of a sporophore, as a basidiospore.
- adipocere — a waxlike fatty substance formed during the decomposition of corpses
- admeasure — to measure out (land, etc) as a share; apportion
- admixture — Admixture means the same as mixture.
10 letter words ending with re
- acute-care — providing emergency services and general medical and surgical treatment for acute disorders rather than long-term residential care for chronic illness.
- aeciospore — any of the spores produced in an aecium of the rust fungi, which spread to and infect the primary host
- aerosphere — the entire atmosphere surrounding the earth
- aleixandre — Vicente (viˈθɛnte). 1898–1984, Spanish poet, whose collections include La destrucción o el amor (1935; Destruction or Love): Nobel prize for literature 1977
- alongshore — close to, by, or along a shore
11 letter words ending with re
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- acupressure — Acupressure is the treatment of pain by a type of massage in which pressure is put on certain areas of a person's body.
- acupuncture — Acupuncture is the treatment of a person's illness or pain by sticking small needles into their body at certain places.
- aeroculture — a method of growing plants without soil by suspending them above sprays that constantly moisten the roots with water and nutrients.
- agriculture — Agriculture is farming and the methods that are used to raise and look after crops and animals.
12 letter words ending with re
- aide-memoire — An aide-memoire is something such as a list that you use to remind you of something.
- amour-propre — self-respect
- amphitheatre — An amphitheatre is a large open area surrounded by rows of seats sloping upwards. Amphitheatres were built mainly in Greek and Roman times for the performance of plays.
- architecture — Architecture is the art of planning, designing, and constructing buildings.
- autoexposure — A device that sets the exposure automatically on a camera or other piece of equipment.
13 letter words ending with re
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- aerostructure — any separately manufactured unit, component, or section of an aircraft or other vehicle capable of flight
- amakwerekwere — a term used by Black people to refer to foreign Africans
- arboriculture — the cultivation of trees or shrubs, esp for the production of timber
- asthenosphere — a thin semifluid layer of the earth (100–200 km thick), below the outer rigid lithosphere, forming part of the mantle and thought to be able to flow vertically and horizontally, enabling sections of lithosphere to subside, rise, and undergo lateral movement
14 letter words ending with re
- anthroposphere — noosphere.
- brecknockshire — a historic county in S Wales, now part of Powys, Gwent, and Mid Glamorgan.
- cambridgeshire — a county of E England, in East Anglia: includes the former counties of the Isle of Ely and Huntingdon and lies largely in the Fens: Peterborough became an independent unitary authority in 1998. Administrative centre: Cambridge. Pop (excluding Peterborough): 571 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Peterborough): 3068 sq km (184 sq miles)
- carnarvonshire — Caernarvon.
- commissionaire — a uniformed doorman at a hotel, theatre, etc
15 letter words ending with re
- buckinghamshire — a county in SE central England, containing the Vale of Aylesbury and parts of the Chiltern Hills: the geographic and ceremonial county includes Milton Keynes, which became an independent unitary authority in 1997. Administrative centre: Aylesbury. Pop (excluding Milton Keynes): 478 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Milton Keynes): 1568 sq km (605 sq miles)
- caernarvonshire — (until 1974) a county of NW Wales, now part of Gwynedd
- carmarthenshire — a county of S Wales, formerly part of Dyfed (1974–96): on Carmarthen Bay, with the Cambrian Mountains in the N: generally agricultural (esp dairying). Administrative centre: Carmarthen. Pop: 176 000 (2003 est). Area: 2398 sq km (926 sq miles)
- counterpressure — an opposing pressure
- double-entendre — a double meaning.
16 letter words ending with re
- clackmannanshire — a council area and historical county of central Scotland; became part of the Central region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority in 1996; mainly agricultural. Administrative centre: Alloa. Pop: 47 680 (2003 est). Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)
- countersignature — second signature
- cytoarchitecture — (biology) The arrangement of cells in an organism or organ.
- gold-of-pleasure — a yellow-flowered Eurasian plant, Camelina sativa, widespread as a weed, esp in flax fields, and formerly cultivated for its oil-rich seeds: family Brassicaceae (crucifers)
17 letter words ending with re
On this page, we collect all words that ending in RE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3439 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in RE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.