Words ending with ran
4 letter words ending with ran
- aran — of or relating to the Aran Islands
- bran — Bran is the outer skin of grain that is left when the grain has been used to make flour.
- cran — a unit of capacity used for measuring fresh herring, equal to 37.5 gallons
- fran — Francis Asbury ("Fran") born 1940, U.S. football player.
- gran — grandmother.
5 letter words ending with ran
- arran — an island off the SW coast of Scotland, in the Firth of Clyde. Pop: 5045 (2001). Area: 427 sq km (165 sq miles)
- buran — a blizzard, with the wind blowing from the north and reaching gale force
- doran — an electronic device for determining range and assisting navigation, employing the principle of the Doppler effect.
- duran — Roberto [ruh-bair-toh;; Spanish raw-ber-taw] /rəˈbɛər toʊ;; Spanish rɔˈbɛr tɔ/ (Show IPA), born 1951, Panamanian boxer.
- furan — a colorless, liquid, unsaturated, five-membered heterocyclic compound, C 4 H 4 O, obtained from furfural: used chiefly in organic synthesis.
6 letter words ending with ran
- altran — (language) A Fortran extension for rational algebra developed by W.S. Brown of Bell Labs ca. 1968.
- amtran — Automatic Mathematical TRANslation
- anuran — any of the vertebrates of the order Anura (or Salientia), characterized by absence of a tail and very long hind legs specialized for hopping: class Amphibia (amphibians). The group includes the frogs and toads
- citran — (language) Caltech's answer to MIT's JOSS.
- curran — a currant
7 letter words ending with ran
8 letter words ending with ran
9 letter words ending with ran
- aldebaran — a binary star, one component of which is a red giant, the brightest star in the constellation Taurus. It appears in the sky close to the star cluster Hyades. Visual magnitude: 0.85; spectral type: K5III; distance: 65 light years
- bakhtaran — city in W Iran: pop. 561,000
- canberran — a native or inhabitant of Canberra
- catamaran — A catamaran is a sailing boat with two parallel hulls that are held in place by a single deck.
- demeraran — originating from or native to Demerara
10 letter words ending with ran
- benzofuran — a colourless insoluble aromatic liquid obtained from coal tar and used in the manufacture of synthetic resins. Formula: C8H6O
- brachyuran — any decapod crustacean of the group (formerly suborder) Brachyura, which includes the crabs
- cladoceran — any minute freshwater crustacean of the order Cladocera, which includes the water fleas
- contadoran — a member nation of the Contadora Group: action taken by the Contadorans.
- hemipteran — hemipterous.
11 letter words ending with ran
- anisopteran — belonging or pertaining to the suborder Anisoptera, comprising the dragonflies.
- chiropteran — of, relating to, or belonging to the Chiroptera, an order of placental mammals comprising the bats
- coleopteran — any of the insects of the cosmopolitan order Coleoptera, in which the forewings are modified to form shell-like protective elytra. The order includes the beetles and weevils
- cordilleran — a mountain system in W South America: the Andes and its component ranges.
- ctenophoran — of a ctenophore
12 letter words ending with ran
- aplacophoran — solenogaster.
- dibenzofuran — an organic compound (C12H8O) composed of two benzene rings fused to a central furan ring
- dictyopteran — any insect of the order Dictyoptera, which comprises the cockroaches and mantises
- heteropteran — A bug of the group Heteroptera.
- hymenopteran — hymenopterous.
13 letter words ending with ran
- foraminiferan — any chiefly marine protozoan of the sarcodinian order Foraminifera, typically having a linear, spiral, or concentric shell perforated by small holes or pores through which pseudopodia extend.
- mastigophoran — Also, mastigophore [mas-ti-guh-fawr, -fohr] /ˈmæs tɪ gəˌfɔr, -ˌfoʊr/ (Show IPA). a protozoan of the phylum Mastigophora.
- strepsipteran — strepsipterous.
- thysanopteran — Also, thysanopterous. belonging or pertaining to the insect order Thysanoptera, comprising the thrips.
- trans-saharan — a desert in N Africa, extending from the Atlantic to the Nile valley. About 3,500,000 sq. mi. (9,065,000 sq. km).
14 letter words ending with ran
15 letter words ending with ran
- tetrahydrofuran — a clear liquid, C 4 H 8 O, soluble in water and organic solvents, used as a solvent for resins, in polymerizations and as a chemical intermediate.
- vestimentiferan — any of various marine tubeworms of the phylum Vestimentifera or Pogonophora, which live in upright tubes near hydrothermal vents.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in RAN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 171 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in RAN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.