Words ending with ra
2 letter words ending with ra
3 letter words ending with ra
- ara — a constellation in the S hemisphere near Scorpius
- bra — A bra is a piece of underwear that women wear to support their breasts.
- era — A long and distinct period of history with a particular feature or characteristic.
- fra — Wireless Local Loop
- hra — In the U.S., an HRA is a program that allows an employer to set aside funds to reimburse medical expenses paid by participating employees.
4 letter words ending with ra
- abra — A wooden boat used as a ferry in Dubai.
- agra — a city in N India, in W Uttar Pradesh on the Jumna River: a capital of the Mogul empire until 1658; famous for its Mogul architecture, esp the Taj Mahal. Pop: 1 259 979 (2001)
- apra — Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority
- aura — An aura is a quality or feeling that seems to surround a person or place or to come from them.
- bara — Theda [thee-duh] /ˈθi də/ (Show IPA), (Theodosia Goodman) 1890–1955, U.S. actress.
5 letter words ending with ra
- abura — A medium-sized tropical African tree, Mitragyne macrophylla, from the family Loganiaceae.R:MW3 1976 page=8(First attested in the mid 20th century.)0.
- acara — Any of a number of Central American and South American freshwater fish in the family Cichlidae.
- accra — the capital of Ghana, a port on the Gulf of Guinea: built on the site of three 17th-century trading fortresses founded by the English, Dutch, and Danish. Pop: 1 970 000 (2005 est)
- actra — Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television, and Radio Artists
- afara — a tall W African hardwood tree
6 letter words ending with ra
7 letter words ending with ra
- aldabra — an island group in the Indian Ocean: part of the British Indian Ocean Territory (1965–76); now administratively part of the Seychelles
- algebra — Algebra is a type of mathematics in which letters are used to represent possible quantities.
- allegra — a female given name.
- amen-ra — the sun-god; the principal deity during the period of Theban hegemony
- amokura — a white pelagian bird, Paethon rubricauda, of tropical latitudes in the Indian and Pacific oceans, with a red beak and long red tail feathers
8 letter words ending with ra
- ahankara — the false identification of the purusha, or true inner self, with the body, the mind, or the outside world.
- alhambra — a citadel and palace in Granada, Spain, built for the Moorish kings during the 13th and 14th centuries: noted for its rich ornamentation
- altamira — a cave in N Spain, SW of Santander, noted for Old Stone Age wall drawings
- anaphora — the use of a word such as a pronoun that has the same reference as a word previously used in the same discourse. In the sentence John wrote the essay in the library but Peter did it at home, both did and it are examples of anaphora
- antisera — a serum containing antibodies, as antitoxins or agglutinins, obtained by inoculation of animals and used for injection into other animals to provide immunity to a specific disease.
9 letter words ending with ra
- adiaphora — matters of indifference
- alcántara — a town in W Spain: a Roman bridge spans the River Tagus. Pop: 1739 (2003 est)
- alexandra — 1844–1925, queen consort of Edward VII of Great Britain and Ireland
- ambulacra — Plural form of ambulacrum.
- angophora — any tree of the genus Angophora, related to the eucalyptus and native to E Australia
10 letter words ending with ra
- alessandra — a female given name, Italian form of Alexandra.
- amphithyra — Also, amphithyron, amphithura [am-fuh-thoo r-uh] /ˌæm fəˈθʊər ə/ (Show IPA), amphithuron. Greek Orthodox Church. a divided curtain in front of the door of the iconostasis.
- aphelandra — any shrub of the evergreen genus Aphelandra, originally from tropical America, widely grown as a house plant for its variegated shiny leaves and brightly coloured flowers: family Acanthaceae
- aspidistra — any Asian plant of the liliaceous genus Aspidistra, esp A. lurida, a popular house plant with long tough evergreen leaves and purplish flowers borne on the ground
- cacciatora — A style of cooking in which meat is cooked in a sauce containing mushrooms, shallots, tomatoes, white wine and herbs; chasseur.
11 letter words ending with ra
- abracadabra — Abracadabra is a word that someone says when they are performing a magic trick in order to make the magic happen.
- accordatura — the notes to which a stringed instrument is tuned.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- andikithira — Antikythera.
- antikythera — an island in the E Mediterranean, NW of Crete: archaeological site. 8½ sq. mi. (22 sq. km).
12 letter words ending with ra
- acciaccatura — a small grace note melodically adjacent to a principal note and played simultaneously with or immediately before it
- anuradhapura — a town in Sri Lanka: ancient capital of Ceylon; site of the sacred bo tree and place of pilgrimage for Buddhists. Pop: 53 151 (2001)
- appoggiatura — an ornament consisting of a nonharmonic note (short or long) preceding a harmonic one either before or on the stress
- buenaventura — a major port in W Colombia, on the Pacific coast. Pop: 250 000 (2005 est)
- clytemnestra — the wife of Agamemnon, whom she killed on his return from the Trojan War
13 letter words ending with ra
- ajmer-merwara — a former province in NW India. 2400 sq. mi. (6216 sq. km).
- brahma-vihara — a meeting place of Buddhist monks.
- fuerteventura — a Spanish island off the NW coast of Africa, one of the Canary Islands. 641 sq. mi. (1660 sq. km).
- harishchandra — also known as Bharatendu. 1850–85, Indian poet, dramatist, and essayist, who established Hindi as a literary language
- villeggiatura — a (country) holiday
14 letter words ending with ra
16 letter words ending with ra
- macrolepidoptera — a collector's name for that part of the lepidoptera that comprises the butterflies and the larger moths (noctuids, geometrids, bombycids, springtails, etc): a term without taxonomic significance
- microlepidoptera — a collector's name for the smaller moths: a term without taxonomic significance
On this page, we collect all words that ending in RA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 991 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in RA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.