Words ending with pus
3 letter words ending with pus
- pus — a yellow-white, more or less viscid substance produced by suppuration and found in abscesses, sores, etc., consisting of a liquid plasma in which white blood cells are suspended.
4 letter words ending with pus
5 letter words ending with pus
6 letter words ending with pus
- campus — A campus is an area of land that contains the main buildings of a university or college.
- carpus — the eight small bones of the human wrist that form the joint between the arm and the hand
- cippus — a pillar bearing an inscription
- corpus — A corpus is a large collection of written or spoken texts that is used for language research.
- coypus — Plural form of coypu.
7 letter words ending with pus
- -hippus — horse
- canopus — the brightest star in the constellation Carina and the second brightest star in the sky. Visual magnitude: -0.7; spectral type: F0II; distance: 313 light years
- euripus — a strait or channel with a strong current or tide
- grampus — a cetacean, Grampus griseus, of the dolphin family, widely distributed in northern seas.
- lagopus — (obsolete) The ptarmigan (which bird was so called because its feet resemble those of a hare).
8 letter words ending with pus
- calippus — flourished 4th century b.c, Greek astronomer.
- encarpus — a decoration of fruit or flowers on a frieze
- eohippus — Extinct early Eocene mammal, Hyracotherium leporinum.
- lysippus — flourished c360–c320 b.c, Greek sculptor.
- melampus — the first seer and healer: his ears were licked by serpents he had raised, enabling him to understand the speech and wisdom of animals.
9 letter words ending with pus
- callippus — flourished 4th century b.c, Greek astronomer.
- leucippus — 5th century bc Greek philosopher, who originated the atomist theory of matter, developed by his disciple, Democritus
- noncampus — not located on a campus of a university, corporation, or any other business or organization
- on-campus — on the area of land that contains the main buildings of a university or college
- philippus — a gold coin of ancient Greece, originally issued by Philip II of Macedon.
10 letter words ending with pus
- aristippus — ?435–?356 bc, Greek philosopher, who believed pleasure to be the highest good and founded the Cyrenaic school
- artocarpus — a genus of the mulberry family, originating in Asia, species of which include the jackfruit and the breadfruit
- catawampus — askew; awry
- chrysippus — 280–209? b.c, Greek Stoic philosopher.
- melanippus — a Theban who killed Tydeus in the battle of the Seven against Thebes and who was, in turn, slain by Amphiaraus.
11 letter words ending with pus
- cattywampus — catawampus
- hippocampus — Classical Mythology. a sea horse with two forefeet, and a body ending in the tail of a dolphin or fish.
- intercampus — the grounds, often including the buildings, of a college, university, or school.
- multicampus — (of a university or organization) having multiple campuses or locations
12 letter words ending with pus
- meganthropus — a proposed genus of extinct, late lower Pleistocene primates based on two large lower jaws found in Java, and believed to be either Australopithecine or human.
- paranthropus — (sometimes initial capital letter) a member of the former genus Paranthropus.
- sinanthropus — the genus to which Peking man was formerly assigned.
- telanthropus — a genus of fossil hominids, known from two fragmentary lower jaws found in the region of Swartkrans, near Johannesburg, South Africa.
13 letter words ending with pus
- eccremocarpus — any plant of the evergreen climbing genus Eccremocarpus, esp E. scaber, grown for its decorative pinnate foliage and bright orange-red bell flowers: family Bignoniaceae
- streptocarpus — any of various plants belonging to the genus Streptocarpus, of the gesneria family, native to Africa and Asia, having showy white, pink, or purplish flowers and often cultivated as a houseplant.
- zinjanthropus — the genus to which Australopithecus boisei was formerly assigned.
14 letter words ending with pus
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words ending with pus
On this page, we collect all words that ending in PUS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 78 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in PUS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.