Words ending with psis
4 letter words ending with psis
- psis — the 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet (Ψ, ψ).
5 letter words ending with psis
- apsis — either of two points lying at the extremities of an eccentric orbit of a planet, satellite, etc, such as the aphelion and perihelion of a planet or the apogee and perigee of the moon. The line of apsides connects two such points and is the principal axis of the orbit
- higher apsis — See under apsis.
- lower apsis — See under apsis (def 1).
6 letter words ending with psis
7 letter words ending with psis
8 letter words ending with psis
- apoapsis — the point in an elliptical orbit which is farthest from the object being orbited
- eclipsis — (obsolete) An omission of words needed to fully express the sense of a phrase.
- ellipsis — The omission from speech or writing of a word or words that are superfluous or able to be understood from contextual clues.
- synapsis — Also called syndesis. Cell Biology. the pairing of homologous chromosomes, one from each parent, during early meiosis.
- synopsis — a brief or condensed statement giving a general view of some subject.
9 letter words ending with psis
- analepsis — A form of flashback in which earlier parts of a narrative are related to others that have already been narrated.
- asynapsis — failure of pairing of chromosomes at meiosis
- caryopsis — a dry seedlike fruit having the pericarp fused to the seed coat of the single seed: produced by the grasses
- coreopsis — any plant of the genus Coreopsis, of America and tropical Africa, cultivated for their yellow, brown, or yellow-and-red daisy-like flowers: family Asteraceae (composites)
- heliopsis — a genus of herbaceous flowering plant in the daisy family Asteraceae
10 letter words ending with psis
- ampelopsis — any woody vine of the vitaceous genus Ampelopsis, of tropical and subtropical Asia and America
- antisepsis — destruction of undesirable microorganisms, such as those that cause disease or putrefaction
- calliopsis — coreopsis
- catalepsis — Dated form of catalepsy.
- corylopsis — any of various deciduous shrubs of the genus Corylopsis, which are found in eastern Asia and have yellow flowers
11 letter words ending with psis
- arabidopsis — Any cress (or related plant) of the genus Arabidopsis.
- epanalepsis — (rhetoric) The repetition of the same word or clause after intervening matter.
- gonycampsis — abnormal curvature of the knee.
- monoblepsis — a condition of the eyesight in which there is no problem with vision when one eye is involved but there is impairment to vision that uses both eyes
- parablepsis — abnormal vision
12 letter words ending with psis
14 letter words ending with psis
- omphaloskepsis — contemplation of one's navel as part of a mystical exercise.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in PSIS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 51 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in PSIS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.