Words ending with ore
3 letter words ending with ore
- ore — a metal-bearing mineral or rock, or a native metal, that can be mined at a profit.
- bog-iron ore — a deposit of impure limonite formed in low, wet areas.
- dry-bone ore — a porous variety of smithsonite found near the surface of the earth.
- gray manganese ore — manganite.
- green lead ore — pyromorphite.
4 letter words ending with ore
- bore — If someone or something bores you, you find them dull and uninteresting.
- core — The core of a fruit is the central part of it. It contains seeds or pips.
- dore — (Paul) Gustave [pawl gy-stav] /pɔl güˈstav/ (Show IPA), 1832?–83, French painter, illustrator, and sculptor.
- fore — situated at or toward the front, as compared with something else.
- gore — a city in W Ethiopia.
5 letter words ending with ore
- -bore — -bore combines with numbers to form adjectives which indicate the size of the barrel of a gun.
- -core — indicating a type of popular music
- abore — Simple past form of abear (carry, bear; develop; put up with, thole, tolerate, abide).
- adore — If you adore someone, you feel great love and admiration for them.
- afore — before
6 letter words ending with ore
- -chore — (in botany) indicating a plant distributed by a certain means
- -phore — indicating a person or thing that bears or produces
- ashore — Someone or something that comes ashore comes from the sea onto the shore.
- astore — (transitive) To store; to furnish with stores.[https://www.wordnik.com/words/astore The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia, via Wordnik.com] (accessed 19 March 2016).
- before — If something happens before a particular date, time, or event, it happens earlier than that date, time, or event.
7 letter words ending with ore
- anymore — If something does not happen or is not true anymore, it has stopped happening or is no longer true.
- ardmore — a city in S Oklahoma.
- asthore — my treasure: a term of endearment
- bandore — a 16th-century plucked musical instrument resembling a lute but larger and fitted with seven pairs of metal strings
- bedsore — Bedsores are sore places on a person's skin, caused by having to lie in bed for a long time without changing position.
8 letter words ending with ore
- air-core — having a nonmagnetic core, as one of fiber or plastic, encircled by a coil (air-core coil) or containing one or more such coils: air-core transformer.
- albacore — a tunny, Thunnus alalunga, occurring mainly in warm regions of the Atlantic and Pacific. It has very long pectoral fins and is a valued food fish
- aviemore — a winter sports resort in Scotland, in Moray between the Monadhliath and Cairngorm Mountains. Pop: 2397 (2001)
- bed-sore — an ulceration of the skin and subcutaneous tissue caused by poor circulation due to prolonged pressure on body parts, especially bony protuberances, occurring in bedridden or immobile patients; decubitus ulcer.
- bellmore — a city on S Long Island, in SE New York.
9 letter words ending with ore
- acrospore — a spore borne at the tip of a sporophore, as a basidiospore.
- aerophore — a device which supplies oxygen in order to aid breathing
- angashore — a miserable person given to complaining
- ascospore — one of the spores (usually eight in number) that are produced in an ascus
- autospore — a nonmotile algal spore that develops adult characteristics before being released
10 letter words ending with ore
- aeciospore — any of the spores produced in an aecium of the rust fungi, which spread to and infect the primary host
- alongshore — close to, by, or along a shore
- androphore — an extension of the receptacle carrying the androecium and the gynoecium, typical of the caper family (Capparidaceae)
- androspore — the zoospore of certain algae that develops into a small male plant producing antherozoids.
- anemochore — a plant in which the fruits or seeds are dispersed by wind
11 letter words ending with ore
- anthochlore — a yellow pigment found in flowers
- aplanospore — a nonmotile asexual spore produced by certain algae and fungi
- arthrospore — a sporelike cell of ascomycetous fungi and some algae produced by a breaking of the hyphae
- blastospore — a spore formed by budding, as in certain fungi
- chromophore — a group of atoms in a chemical compound that are responsible for the colour of the compound
12 letter words ending with ore
- basidiospore — one of the spores, usually four in number, produced in a basidium
- chondrophore — a medusoid hydrozoan that resembles a jellyfish
- conidiophore — a simple or branched hypha that bears spores (conidia) in such fungi as Penicillium
- conidiospore — a conidium
- galactophore — a galactophorous duct.
13 letter words ending with ore
- ballistospore — a spore, esp a fungal spore, that is forcefully ejected from its source
- chandernagore — a port in E India, in S West Bengal on the Hooghly River: a former French settlement (1686–1950). Pop: 162 166 (2001)
- chlamydospore — a thick-walled asexual spore of many fungi: capable of surviving adverse conditions
- chromatophore — a cell in the skin of frogs, chameleons, etc, in which pigment is concentrated or dispersed, causing the animal to change colour
- improvisatore — An individual who recites impromptu verse, as from a song or poem.
14 letter words ending with ore
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ORE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 516 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ORE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.