Words ending with ony
4 letter words ending with ony
- bony — Someone who has a bony face or bony hands, for example, has a very thin face or very thin hands, with very little flesh covering their bones.
- cony — a rabbit or fur made from the skin of a rabbit
- pony — a small horse of any of several breeds, usually not higher at the shoulder than 14½ hands (58 in./146 cm).
- tony — high-toned; stylish: a tony nightclub.
- zony — The offspring of a male zebra and a female pony.
5 letter words ending with ony
6 letter words ending with ony
- -phony — indicating a specified type of sound
- ancony — A piece of malleable iron that is wrought into the shape of a flat bar, about three feet long, with a square rough unwrought knob on each end.
- antony — Mark. Latin name Marcus Antonius. ?83–30 bc, Roman general who served under Julius Caesar in the Gallic wars and became a member of the second triumvirate (43). He defeated Brutus and Cassius at Philippi (42) but having repudiated his wife for Cleopatra, queen of Egypt, he was defeated by his brother-in-law Octavian (Augustus) at Actium (31)
- aphony — Dated form of aphonia.
- astony — (archaic) To stun, paralyse, astound.
7 letter words ending with ony
- alimony — Alimony is money that a court of law orders someone to pay regularly to their former wife or husband after they have got divorced. Compare palimony.
- anthony — Saint. ?251–?356 ad, Egyptian hermit, commonly regarded as the founder of Christian monasticism. Feast day: Jan 17
- balcony — A balcony is a platform on the outside of a building, above ground level, with a wall or railing around it.
- buttony — like a button.
- ciphony — the process of enciphering audio information to produce encrypted speech
8 letter words ending with ony
- acrimony — Acrimony is bitter and angry words or quarrels.
- agrimony — any of various N temperate rosaceous plants of the genus Agrimonia, which have compound leaves, long spikes of small yellow flowers, and bristly burlike fruits
- antagony — (obsolete) contest; opposition; antagonism.
- antimony — a toxic metallic element that exists in two allotropic forms and occurs principally in stibnite. The stable form is a brittle silvery-white crystalline metal that is added to alloys to increase their strength and hardness and is used in semiconductors. Symbol: Sb; atomic no: 51; atomic wt: 121.757; valency: 0, –3, +3, or +5; relative density: 6.691; melting pt: 630.76°C; boiling pt: 1587°C
- apophony — a change in the quality of a vowel sound to indicate grammatical change
9 letter words ending with ony
- acrophony — the use of symbols to represent sounds
- anachrony — a discrepancy between the order of events in a story and the order in which they are presented in the plot: Anachronies are either flashbacks or flashforwards.
- antiphony — the antiphonal singing of a musical composition by two choirs
- autophony — a diagnosis made by listening to vibration of one's own voice on the patient's chest
- brimstony — of, relating to or resembling brimstone; sulphurous
10 letter words ending with ony
- ambiophony — the reproduction of sound to create an illusion to a listener of being in a spacious room, such as a concert hall
- asynchrony — a lack of synchronism or coincidence in time.
- bibliogony — the art of producing and publishing books.
- chalcedony — a microcrystalline often greyish form of quartz with crystals arranged in parallel fibres: a gemstone. Formula: SiO2
- cockernony — a woman's hairstyle in which the hair is gathered up in a band
11 letter words ending with ony
- amphictyony — (in ancient Greece) a religious association of states for the maintenance of temples and the cults connected with them
- anthrophony — Any sound produced by human beings or their creations.
- autochthony — pertaining to autochthons; aboriginal; indigenous (opposed to heterochthonous).
- heterophony — the simultaneous performance of the same melodic line, with slight individual variations, by two or more performers.
- lamprophony — loudness and clarity of voice.
12 letter words ending with ony
- anthropogony — the origin of the human species
- heterochrony — a genetic shift in timing of the development of a tissue or anatomical part, or in the onset of a physiological process, relative to an ancestor.
- laryngophony — the sound of the voice as heard through a stethoscope placed on the throat directly over the larynx
- polyembryony — the production of more than one embryo from one egg.
- pre-ceremony — the formal activities conducted on some solemn or important public or state occasion: the coronation ceremony.
14 letter words ending with ony
- radiotelephony — the constructing or operating of radiotelephones.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ONY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 213 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ONY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.