Words ending with one
3 letter words ending with one
- one — being or amounting to a single unit or individual or entire thing, item, or object rather than two or more; a single: one woman; one nation; one piece of cake.
- a fast one — a deceptive act
- a good one — an unbelievable assertion
- a hole in one — If you get a hole in one in golf, you get the golf ball into the hole with a single stroke.
- a hundred and one — You can use expressions such as a hundred and one, a thousand and one, and a million and one to emphasize that you are talking about a large number of things or people.
4 letter words ending with one
- aone — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- bone — Your bones are the hard parts inside your body which together form your skeleton.
- cone — A cone is a shape with a circular base and smooth curved sides ending in a point at the top.
- done — past participle of do1 .
- fone — (obsolete) Plural form of foe.
5 letter words ending with one
- a-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- agone — ago; past
- alone — When you are alone, you are not with any other people.
- atone — If you atone for something that you have done, you do something to show that you are sorry you did it.
- axone — Cell Biology. the appendage of the neuron that transmits impulses away from the cell body.
6 letter words ending with one
- ancone — an altarpiece, usually consisting of a painted panel or panels, reliefs, or statues set in an elaborate frame.
- anyone — You use anyone or anybody in statements with negative meaning to indicate in a general way that nobody is present or involved in an action.
- attone — to appease or pacify
- azione — a term used for certain genres of musical drama of the 17th–18th century, particularly the azione teatrale (a short musical play or opera) and the azione sacra (sacred drama)
- begone — go away!
7 letter words ending with one
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- acetone — Acetone is a type of solvent.
- alcyone — the daughter of Aeolus and wife of Ceyx, who drowned herself in grief for her husband's death. She was transformed into a kingfisher
- alsoone — as soon
- amarone — a strong dry red Italian wine
8 letter words ending with one
- aerotone — a bath which incorporates massaging air jets
- aglycone — a chemical compound
- aleurone — finely granulated protein present in seeds generally and forming the outer layer of cereal seeds
- allomone — a chemical substance secreted externally by certain animals, such as insects, affecting the behaviour or physiology of another species detrimentally
- amrinone — a potent substance, C 10 H 9 N 3 O, used in the treatment of congestive heart failure.
9 letter words ending with one
- aerophone — any musical instrument in which sound is produced by air vibrations
- aitchbone — the rump bone or floor of the pelvis in cattle
- allophone — any of several speech sounds that are regarded as contextual or environmental variants of the same phoneme. In English the aspirated initial (p) in pot and the unaspirated (p) in spot are allophones of the phoneme /p/
- anklebone — the bone of the ankle; talus
- antiphone — (music) The response which one side of the choir makes to the other in a chant; alternate chanting or singing.
10 letter words ending with one
- adderstone — a prehistoric ornamental bead
- adrenalone — An adrenergic agonist used as a topical vasoconstrictor and hemostatic.
- afternoone — Obsolete spelling of afternoon.
- all-in-one — All-in-one means having several different parts or several different functions.
- amiodarone — a substance, C 25 H 29 I 2 NO 3 , used in the treatment of heart arrhythmias.
11 letter words ending with one
- aldosterone — the principal mineralocorticoid secreted by the adrenal cortex. A synthesized form is used in the treatment of Addison's disease. Formula: C21H27O5
- amazonstone — A bluish-green variety of microcline feldspar used as a gemstone. The best known occurrences are at Crystal Peak and Pike's Peak in Colorado.
- aminoketone — Any chemical compound containing both a ketone group and an amine.
- answerphone — An answerphone is a device which you connect to your telephone and which records telephone calls while you are out.
- anticyclone — An anticyclone is an area of high atmospheric pressure which causes settled weather conditions and, in summer, clear skies and high temperatures.
12 letter words ending with one
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- amfebutamone — (former name) The drug bupropion.
- androsterone — an androgenic steroid hormone produced in the testes. Formula: C19H30O2
- benzophenone — a white sweet-smelling crystalline solid used mainly in the manufacture of organic compounds and in perfume. Formula: C6H5COC6H5
13 letter words ending with one
- anthraquinone — a yellow crystalline solid used in the manufacture of dyes, esp anthraquinone dyes, which have excellent colour properties. Formula: C6H4(CO)2C6H4
- bass-baritone — a singer or voice in the bass range with baritone qualities
- benzalacetone — benzylidene acetone.
- betamethasone — a synthetic analogue of a glucocorticoid, C 22 H 29 FO 5 , used in various forms in the treatment of inflammation, allergies, and tumors, and for replacement therapy in adrenal insufficiency.
- butyrophenone — a drug used to treat psychiatric disorders
14 letter words ending with one
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
- amylobarbitone — Obsolete spelling of amobarbital.
- beclomethasone — a potent synthetic corticosteroid, C 28 H 37 ClO 7 , prepared as an inhalant in the treatment of bronchial asthma.
- boundary-stone — a stone marking a boundary, sometimes giving information such as the initials of the local authority in whose jurisdiction the boundary is
15 letter words ending with one
- androstenedione — a weak hormone, C19H26O2, produced by the ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands as a precursor to estrogen, testosterone, etc.: formerly taken in a concentrated tablet or capsule form as by some bodybuilders
- brachistochrone — the curve between two points through which a body moves under the force of gravity in a shorter time than for any other curve; the path of quickest descent
- cairngorm-stone — smoky quartz.
- epitestosterone — (organic compound) An inactive epimer of the steroid hormone testosterone.
- fluoroquinolone — Any of a class of therapeutic antibiotics that are active against a range of bacteria associated with human and animal diseases. Their use in livestock has sparked concerns about the spread of bacteria resistant to them in humans.
16 letter words ending with one
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- bouches-du-rhone — a department of S central France, in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. Capital: Marseille. Pop: 1 883 645 (2003 est). Area: 5284 sq km (2047 sq miles)
- bred-in-the-bone — firmly instilled or established as if by heredity: the bred-in-the-bone integrity of the school's headmaster.
- chalon-sur-saône — an industrial city in E central France, on the Saône River. Pop: 50 124 (1999)
- dependency-prone — tending to become psychologically or physiologically dependent on a drug.
17 letter words ending with one
- acenaphthoquinone — (organic compound) A polycyclic aromatic quinone derived from acenaphthene, used as an intermediate for the manufacturing of dyes, pharmaceuticals and pesticides.
- chloracetophenone — chloroacetophenone.
- dihydromorphinone — a narcotic compound, C 17 H 19 O 3 N, prepared from morphine and used chiefly as an analgesic.
- ethylmethylketone — (organic compound) The industrial solvent butanone.
18 letter words ending with one
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
- fire-and-brimstone — threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.
- methylprednisolone — A synthetic glucocorticoid drug, with chemical formula C22H30O5.
- methyltestosterone — a synthetic androgenic steroid drug, C 2 0 H 3 0 O 2 , used for its anabolic properties in males in the treatment of hypogonadism and other androgen-deficiency disease states, and in females in the treatment of breast cancer.
19 letter words ending with one
- cyclohexadienedione — (organic chemistry) benzoquinone.
- deoxycorticosterone — a corticosteroid hormone important in maintaining sodium and water balance in the body
- dihydrotestosterone — (steroid) An androgenic metabolite of testosterone; used to treat certain breast cancers.
- medroxyprogesterone — a progesterone derivative, C 2 4 H 3 4 O 4 , used in the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding and secondary amenorrhea, as a contraceptive of long duration, and in the treatment of certain cancers.
- phenanthrenequinone — a yellowish-orange, crystalline, water-insoluble solid, C 1 4 H 8 O 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and the manufacture of dyes.
20 letter words ending with one
21 letter words ending with one
22 letter words ending with one
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ONE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1244 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ONE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.