Words ending with off
3 letter words ending with off
- off — so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- a mile off — If you say that you can see or recognize something a mile off, you are emphasizing that it is very obvious and easy to recognize.
- amp off — (jargon) (Purdue) To run in background. From the Unix shell "&" (ampersand) operator.
- auction off — If you auction off something, you sell it to the person who offers the most money for it, often at an auction.
- back off — If you back off, you move away in order to avoid problems or a fight.
4 letter words ending with off
- -off — a contest of skill in a (specified) activity or field, esp. one in which finalists compete, as by preparing their own version of a recipe, to determine a champion
- boff — a loud, hearty laugh
- coff — to buy; purchase
- doff — to remove or take off, as clothing.
- goff — (Scotland) Obsolete form of golf (ball game).
5 letter words ending with off
- cloff — the cleft of a tree
- feoff — to invest with a fief or fee; enfeoff.
- groff — GNU roff. See also nroff, troff. Version 1.07 by James J. Clark <[email protected]>. FTP groff-1.07.tar.z from a GNU archive site.
- lwoff — André [ahn-drey] /ɑ̃ˈdreɪ/ (Show IPA), 1902–1994, French microbiologist: Nobel Prize in Medicine 1965.
- nroff — (transitive,computing) To format (text) using the nroff program, which produces output suitable for simple fixed-width printers and terminal windows.
6 letter words ending with off
7 letter words ending with off
8 letter words ending with off
- bake-off — A bake-off is a cooking competition.
- blastoff — Blastoff is the moment when a rocket leaves the ground and rises into the air to begin a journey into space.
- boil-off — Rocketry. any vapor loss from the oxidizer or fuel in a rocket during countdown.
- breakoff — an abrupt discontinuance, especially of relations
- brushoff — an abrupt or rude dismissal, esp. in the phrase give (or get) the brushoff
9 letter words ending with off
- angle-off — the angle formed by the line of flight of an aerial target and the line of sight on a gun of an attacking aircraft.
- babashoff — Shirley, born 1957, U.S. swimmer.
- brush-off — a refusal to talk or listen to someone; abrupt or final dismissal or rebuff.
- bully-off — a method by which a game is restarted after a stoppage. Two opposing players stand with the ball between them and alternately strike their sticks together and against the ground three times before trying to hit the ball
- cents-off — of or relating to a marketing device, as a coupon, that entitles a buyer to a specified amount off the regular price.
10 letter words ending with off
- better-off — being in better circumstances, especially economically: Only the better-off nations can afford to send probes into space.
- charge-off — a write-off, especially of a bad loan by a bank.
- stroganoff — a dish of meat sautéed with onion and cooked in a sauce of sour cream, seasonings, and, usually, mushrooms: beef stroganoff.
- switch-off — a slender, flexible shoot, rod, etc., used especially in whipping or disciplining.
- beef stroganoff — a dish of thin strips of beef cooked with onions, mushrooms, and seasonings, served in a sour-cream sauce
11 letter words ending with off
- browned-off — a dark tertiary color with a yellowish or reddish hue.
- cheesed-off — disgusted; fed up (usually followed by off).
- damping-off — a disease of seedlings, occurring either before or immediately after emerging from the soil, characterized by rotting of the stem at soil level and eventual collapse of the plant, caused by any of several soil fungi.
- falling-off — If there is a falling-off of an activity, there is a decrease in its amount or intensity.
- metchnikoff — Élie [French ey-lee] /French eɪˈli/ (Show IPA), (Ilya Ilyich Mechnikov) 1845–1916, Russian zoologist and bacteriologist in France: Nobel Prize in medicine 1908.
12 letter words ending with off
- rachmaninoff — Sergei Wassilievitch [sur-gey vuh-seel-yuh-vich;; Russian syir-gyey vuh-syee-lyi-vyich] /sɜrˈgeɪ vəˈsil yə vɪtʃ;; Russian syɪrˈgyeɪ vʌˈsyi lyɪ vyɪtʃ/ (Show IPA), 1873–1943, Russian pianist and composer.
15 letter words ending with off
- droste-hulshoff — Annette Elisabeth Freiin von [ah-net-uh ey-lee-zah-bet frahy-in fuh n] /ɑˈnɛt ə eɪˈli zɑˌbɛt ˈfraɪ ɪn fən/ (Show IPA), 1797–1848, German poet.
16 letter words ending with off
- roll-on/roll-off — ship: transporting vehicles
On this page, we collect all words that ending in OFF. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 482 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in OFF that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.