Words ending with ode
3 letter words ending with ode
- ode — a lyric poem typically of elaborate or irregular metrical form and expressive of exalted or enthusiastic emotion.
- horatian ode — an ode consisting of several stanzas all of the same form.
- pindaric ode — an ode consisting of several units, each of which is composed of a strophe and an antistrophe of identical form followed by a contrasting epode.
- sapphic ode — Horatian ode.
4 letter words ending with ode
- -ode — denoting resemblance
- bode — If something bodes ill, it makes you think that something bad will happen in the future. If something bodes well, it makes you think that something good will happen.
- code — A code is a set of rules about how people should behave or about how something must be done.
- hode — (transitive, obsolete) To ordain; consecrate; admit to a religious order.
- lode — a veinlike deposit, usually metalliferous.
5 letter words ending with ode
- abode — Your abode is the place where you live.
- anode — In electronics, an anode is the positive electrode in a cell such as a battery. Compare cathode.
- apode — An animal that has no feet or footlike organs.
- chode — (archaic) Simple past form of chide.
- diode — a device, as a two-element electron tube or a semiconductor, through which current can pass freely in only one direction.
6 letter words ending with ode
- acnode — a point whose coordinates satisfy the equation of a curve although it does not lie on the curve; an isolated point. The origin is an acnode of the curve y2 + x2 = x3
- cytode — a unicellular non-nucleated mass of protoplasm, the simplest form of life
- decode — If you decode a message that has been written or spoken in a code, you change it into ordinary language.
- demode — out of fashion
- dynode — (physics) Any of a series of electrodes within a photomultiplier tube.
7 letter words ending with ode
- alamode — a soft light silk used for shawls and dresses, esp in the 19th century
- altmode — alt
- barcode — a machine-readable arrangement of numbers and parallel lines of different widths printed on a package, which can be electronically scanned at a checkout to register the price of the goods and to activate computer stock-checking and reordering
- capcode — (telecommunications) The address of a specific pager in a paging network.
- cathode — A cathode is the negative electrode in a cell such as a battery. Compare anode.
8 letter words ending with ode
- antinode — a point at which the amplitude of one of the two kinds of displacement in a standing wave has maximum value. Generally the other kind of displacement has its minimum value at this point
- antipode — the exact or direct opposite
- arillode — a false aril, developing from an opening in the covering of the ovule instead of from its stalk
- autocode — (language) 1. The assembly language accepted by AUTOCODER. 2. A generic term for symbolic assembly language. Versions of Autocode were developed for Ferranti Atlas, Titan, Mercury and Pegasus and IBM 702 and IBM 705.
- bestrode — to get or be astride of; have or place the legs on both sides of.
9 letter words ending with ode
- byte-code — (file format, software) A binary file containing an executable program, consisting of a sequence of (op code, data) pairs. Byte-code op codes are most often fixed size bit patterns, but can be variable size. The data portion consists of zero or more bits whose format typically depends on the op code. A byte-code program is interpreted by a byte-code interpreter. The advantage of this technique compared with outputing machine code for some particular processor is that the same byte-code can be executed on any processor on which the byte-code interpreter runs. The byte-code may be compiled to machine code ("native code") for speed of execution but this usually requires significantly greater effort for each new taraget architecture than simply porting the interpreter. For example, Java is compiled to byte-code which runs on the Java Virtual Machine.
- eigenmode — a normal mode in an oscillating system, being one in which all parts of the system are oscillating with the same frequency
- electrode — A conductor through which electricity enters or leaves an object, substance, or region.
- hydathode — a specialized leaf structure through which water is exuded.
- iconicode — 1990-1992. Visual dataflow language, token-based with hierarchical, recursive and iterative constructs. Version: IDF with extensions for image processing.
10 letter words ending with ode
- color-code — to use specific colors, according to a code, for wires, switches, cards, files, etc.
- discommode — to cause inconvenience to; disturb, trouble, or bother.
- motherlode — (literally) The main, central lode of a natural resource, near which smaller deposits of the same ore etc. exist.
- nesselrode — a mixture of preserved fruits, nuts, etc., used as a sauce or in pies, puddings, ice cream, or the like.
- photodiode — a photosensitive semiconductor diode.
11 letter words ending with ode
- anticathode — the target electrode for the stream of electrons in a vacuum tube, esp an X-ray tube
- cephalopode — Archaic form of cephalopod.
- pneumathode — a band or pore of aerating tissue, esp along the stipes of ferns
- pseudo-code — a program code unrelated to the hardware of a particular computer and requiring conversion to the code used by the computer before the program can be used.
12 letter words ending with ode
- photocathode — a cathode, typically of a cesium or sodium compound, having the property of emitting electrons when activated by light or other radiation.
14 letter words ending with ode
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ODE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 329 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ODE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.