Words ending with o
2 letter words ending with o
3 letter words ending with o
- a/o — account of
- abo — (as modifier)
- ado — bustling activity; fuss; bother; delay (esp in the phrases without more ado, with much ado)
- ago — You use ago when you are referring to past time. For example, if something happened one year ago, it is one year since it happened. If it happened a long time ago, it is a long time since it happened.
- apo — the highest mountain in the Philippines, on SE Mindanao: active volcano with three peaks. Height: 2954 m (9690 ft)
4 letter words ending with o
- acto — a short, realistic play, usually in Spanish, that dramatizes the social and economic problems of Chicanos.
- aero — of or relating to aircraft or aeronautics
- afro — Afro hair is very tightly curled and sticks out all around your head.
- agio — the difference between the nominal and actual values of a currency
- alko — a heavy drinker or alcoholic
5 letter words ending with o
- aalto — Alvar (ˈalvar). 1898–1976, Finnish architect and furniture designer, noted particularly for his public and industrial buildings, in which wood is much used. He invented bent plywood furniture (1932)
- abaco — two islands (Great Abaco and Little Abaco) in the N Bahamas. 776 sq. mi. (2010 sq. km).
- abmho — a unit of electrical conductance
- achoo — Achoo is used, especially in writing, to represent the sound that you make when you sneeze.
- addio — goodbye
6 letter words ending with o
- abbado — Claudio. 1933–2014, Italian conductor; principal conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra (1979–88); director of the Vienna State Opera (1986–91), and the Berlin Philharmonic (1989–2001)
- abrazo — an embrace used as a greeting or on parting in Spain and Latin America
- adagio — Adagio written above a piece of music means that it should be played slowly.
- adjigo — a yam plant, Dioscorea hastifolia, native to SW Australia that has edible tubers
- adorno — Theodor Wiesengrund. 1903–69, German philosopher, sociologist, and music critic. His writings include The Philosophy of the New Music (1949) and Negative Dialectics (1966)
7 letter words ending with o
- accardo — Salvatore. born 1941, Italian violinist and conductor
- afl-cio — American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations: a federation of independent American trade unions formed by the union of these two groups in 1955
- agitato — (to be performed) in an agitated manner
- ajaccio — the capital of Corsica, a port on the W coast. Pop: 64 432 (2007)
- akihito — born 1933, Emperor of Japan from 1989
8 letter words ending with o
- abednego — one of Daniel's three companions who, together with Shadrach and Meshach, was miraculously saved from destruction in Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace (Daniel 3:12–30)
- acapulco — a port and resort in SW Mexico, in Guerrero state. Pop: 761 000 (2005 est)
- alfresco — An alfresco activity, especially a meal, is one that takes place in the open air.
- alphonso — a masculine name
- alvarado — ˈPedro de (ˈpɛdroʊ deɪ ) ; peˈdrō dā) 1495-1541; Sp. general with Cortés in the conquest of Mexico
9 letter words ending with o
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
- aerophoto — aerial photograph.
- agrigento — a town in Italy, in SW Sicily: site of six Greek temples. Pop: 54 619 (2001)
- aguinaldo — Emilio [e-mee-lyaw] /ɛˈmi lyɔ/ (Show IPA), 1869–1964, Filipino leader during the Spanish-American war: opposed to U.S. occupation.
- albarello — an earthenware jar used to contain drugs, originating in the Middle East
10 letter words ending with o
- adelantado — a military title given to Conquistadors allowing the bearer the right to become governor or justice of a region
- affettuoso — with feeling
- aficionado — If someone is an aficionado of something, they like it and know a lot about it.
- alamogordo — city in S N.Mex.: pop. 36,000: site of testing range where first atomic bomb was exploded (July, 1945)
- alessandro — Victor Nicholas, 1915–76, U.S. orchestra conductor.
11 letter words ending with o
12 letter words ending with o
- alto-relievo — high relief
- antananarivo — the capital of Madagascar, on the central plateau: founded in the 17th century by a Hova chief; university (1961). Pop: 1 808 000 (2005 est)
- antineutrino — the antiparticle of a neutrino; a particle having oppositely directed spin to a neutrino, that is, spin in the direction of its momentum
- appassionato — (to be performed) in an impassioned manner
- ayuntamiento — (in Spain) a municipal council
13 letter words ending with o
14 letter words ending with o
17 letter words ending with o
19 letter words ending with o
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
32 letter words ending with o
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4383 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.