Words ending with ning
4 letter words ending with ning
- yang chen ning — born 1922, Chinese physicist in the U.S.: Nobel prize 1957.
6 letter words ending with ning
- awning — An awning is a piece of material attached to a caravan or building which provides shelter from the rain or sun.
- baning — Present participle of bane.
- boning — Anatomy, Zoology. one of the structures composing the skeleton of a vertebrate. the hard connective tissue forming the substance of the skeleton of most vertebrates, composed of a collagen-rich organic matrix impregnated with calcium, phosphate, and other minerals.
- caning — a beating with a cane as a punishment
- coning — Geometry. a solid whose surface is generated by a line passing through a fixed point and a fixed plane curve not containing the point, consisting of two equal sections joined at a vertex. a plane surface resembling the cross section of a solid cone.
7 letter words ending with ning
- alining — to arrange in a straight line; adjust according to a line.
- atoning — to make amends or reparation, as for an offense or a crime, or for an offender (usually followed by for): to atone for one's sins.
- banning — the act or an instance of prohibiting or forbidding
- barning — a building for storing hay, grain, etc., and often for housing livestock.
- beaning — the edible nutritious seed of various plants of the legume family, especially of the genus Phaseolus.
8 letter words ending with ning
- -running — -running combines with nouns to form nouns which refer to the illegal importing of drugs or guns.
- aborning — while being born, developed, or realized (esp in the phrase die aborning)
- adorning — Make more beautiful or attractive.
- affining — Present participle of affine.
- aligning — to arrange in a straight line; adjust according to a line.
9 letter words ending with ning
10 letter words ending with ning
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abstaining — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- adjourning — to suspend the meeting of (a club, legislature, committee, etc.) to a future time, another place, or indefinitely: to adjourn the court.
- arraigning — Present participle of arraign.
- auctioning — Present participle of auction.
11 letter words ending with ning
- ambitioning — an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment: Too much ambition caused him to be disliked by his colleagues.
- aquaplaning — loss of contact with the road because of surface water
- auditioning — Present participle of audition.
- baserunning — the act of running around bases
- bludgeoning — a short, heavy club with one end weighted, or thicker and heavier than the other.
12 letter words ending with ning
- accessioning — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
- afterburning — a process in which additional fuel is ignited in the exhaust gases of a jet engine to produce additional thrust
- appertaining — to belong as a part, right, possession, attribute, etc.; pertain or relate (usually followed by to): privileges that appertain to members of the royal family.
- apportioning — Present participle of apportion.
- ascertaining — to find out definitely; learn with certainty or assurance; determine: to ascertain the facts.
13 letter words ending with ning
- air-hardening — noting any metal, especially alloy steel, that can be hardened from above its transformation point by cooling in air.
- award-winning — An award-winning person or thing has won an award, especially an important or valuable one.
- book-learning — knowledge acquired by reading books, as distinguished from that obtained through observation and experience.
- bread-winning — a person who earns a livelihood, especially one who also supports dependents.
- casehardening — Present participle of caseharden.
14 letter words ending with ning
- after-ripening — the period of internal change that is necessary in some apparently mature seeds before germination can occur
- countersigning — Present participle of countersign.
- deconditioning — Present participle of decondition.
- disillusioning — to free from or deprive of illusion, belief, idealism, etc.; disenchant.
- easy-listening — Also called easy listening. popular music having comparatively conventional, melodic qualities and hence having broad commercial appeal.
15 letter words ending with ning
- airconditioning — Alternative spelling of air conditioning.
- belt-tightening — If you need to do some belt-tightening, you must spend less money and manage without things because you have less money than you used to have.
- decommissioning — the act of decommissioning something
- master-planning — to construct a master plan for: to master-plan one's career.
- non-functioning — the kind of action or activity proper to a person, thing, or institution; the purpose for which something is designed or exists; role.
16 letter words ending with ning
17 letter words ending with ning
- closed-captioning — (of a television program, film, or video) distributed with synchronized transcription of speech and written descriptions of other relevant audio elements, as for the hearing-impaired, that are visible only when the option to display them is selected. Abbreviation: CC.
- self-conditioning — Also called operant conditioning, instrumental conditioning. a process of changing behavior by rewarding or punishing a subject each time an action is performed until the subject associates the action with pleasure or distress.
- self-entertaining — affording entertainment; amusing; diverting: We spent an entertaining evening at the theater.
18 letter words ending with ning
- non-self-governing — governed by itself or having self-government, as a state or community; independent.
19 letter words ending with ning
- counterconditioning — the conditioning of a response that is incompatible with some previously learned response; for example, in psychotherapy an anxious person might be taught relaxation, which is incompatible with anxiety
On this page, we collect all words that ending in NING. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 966 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in NING that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.