Words ending with mous
6 letter words ending with mous
7 letter words ending with mous
8 letter words ending with mous
9 letter words ending with mous
10 letter words ending with mous
- acronymous — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- allogamous — cross-fertilization in plants (opposed to autogamy).
- anadromous — (of fishes such as the salmon) migrating up rivers from the sea in order to breed
- antonymous — of, or having the nature of, an antonym; opposite in meaning
- autogamous — Botany. pollination of the ovules of a flower by its own pollen; self-fertilization (opposed to allogamy).
11 letter words ending with mous
- anisogamous — reproducing by the fusion of dissimilar gametes or individuals, usually differing in size.
- blasphemous — You can describe someone who shows disrespect for God or a religion as blasphemous. You can also describe what they are saying or doing as blasphemous.
- catadromous — (of fishes such as the eel) migrating down rivers to the sea in order to breed
- dichogamous — having the stamens and pistils maturing at different times, thereby preventing self-pollination, as a monoclinous flower (opposed to homogamous).
- dichotomous — divided or dividing into two parts.
12 letter words ending with mous
- amphistomous — (of certain animals, such as leeches) having a sucker at either end of the body
- angiostomous — having a narrow opening
- chasmogamous — pertaining to or having pollination occur in a fully opened flower.
- cryptogamous — Of or pertaining to the cryptogams.
- cryptonymous — having a code name or secret name
13 letter words ending with mous
- adenosquamous — Having both glandular (adenoid) and squamous characteristics.
- angiospermous — of or relating to an angiosperm; having enclosed seeds.
- cleistogamous — having small, unopened, self-pollinating flowers, usually in addition to the showier flowers
- cyclospermous — having the embryo curled around the central albumen
- geitonogamous — of or relating to geitonogamy
14 letter words ending with mous
- heterochromous — of different colors.
- melanospermous — having dark spores, as certain seaweeds.
- non-autonomous — Government. self-governing; independent; subject to its own laws only. pertaining to an autonomy, or a self-governing community.
- non-monogamous — practicing or advocating monogamy.
- podophthalmous — relating to a crustacean
15 letter words ending with mous
On this page, we collect all words that ending in MOUS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 156 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in MOUS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.