Words ending with mber
5 letter words ending with mber
- amber — Amber is a hard yellowish-brown substance used for making jewellery.
- ember — A small piece of burning or glowing coal or wood in a dying fire.
- omber — a card game popular in the 17th and 18th centuries and played, usually by three persons, with 40 cards.
- umber — an earth consisting chiefly of a hydrated oxide of iron and some oxide of manganese, used in its natural state as a brown pigment (raw umber) or, after heating, as a reddish-brown pigment (burnt umber)
- bastard amber — a color of gelatin commonly used in stage lighting, similar to light amber but having a pinkish cast.
6 letter words ending with mber
- bomber — A bomber is a military aircraft which drops bombs.
- camber — A camber is a gradual downward slope from the centre of a road to each side of it.
- comber — a person, tool, or machine that combs wool, flax, etc
- cumber — to obstruct or hinder
- dumber — lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted.
7 letter words ending with mber
- chamber — A chamber is a large room, especially one that is used for formal meetings.
- clamber — If you clamber somewhere, you climb there with difficulty, usually using your hands as well as your feet.
- climber — A climber is someone who climbs rocks or mountains as a sport or a hobby.
- crumber — (Australian rules football) A player who waits around a marking contest aiming to get the ball if it falls down to the ground (because the opposing players leaping for it have spoiled each others efforts).
- plumber — a small mass of lead or other heavy material, as that suspended by a line and used to measure the depth of water or to ascertain a vertical line. Compare plumb line.
8 letter words ending with mber
- cucumber — A cucumber is a long thin vegetable with a hard green skin and wet transparent flesh. It is eaten raw in salads.
- december — December is the twelfth and last month of the year in the Western calendar.
- encumber — Restrict or burden (someone or something) in such a way that free action or movement is difficult.
- f-number — a number corresponding to the ratio of the focal length to the diameter of a lens system, especially a camera lens. In f /1.4, 1.4 is the f-number and signifies that the focal length of the lens is 1.4 times as great as the diameter. /, f/, f, f: Abbreviation: f.
- incomber — Archaic form of encumber.
9 letter words ending with mber
- co-member — a fellow member of a particular group or organization
- discumber — (archaic, transitive) To free from that which cumbers or impedes; to disencumber.
- dismember — to deprive of limbs; divide limb from limb: The ogre dismembered his victims before he ate them.
- kachumber — a salad of chopped onion, tomato, cucumber, and (sometimes) other vegetables, typically seasoned with chilli and coriander, served as an accompaniment to a main meal
- misnumber — a numeral or group of numerals.
10 letter words ending with mber
- antenumber — a number that immediately precedes another: Three is the antenumber of four.
- bedchamber — A bedchamber is a bedroom.
- cardmember — a person authorized to use a particular credit card.
- castmember — A member of a theatrical cast.
- non-member — a person who is not a member: The election meeting of the club is not open to nonmembers.
11 letter words ending with mber
- antechamber — An antechamber is a small room leading into a larger room.
- antichamber — Obsolete form of antechamber.
- beachcomber — A beachcomber is someone who spends their time wandering along beaches looking for things they can use.
- crossmember — A transverse structural piece that adds support to a motor-vehicle chassis or other construction.
- disencumber — to free from a burden or other encumbrance; disburden.
12 letter words ending with mber
- beach-comber — a person who lives by gathering salable articles of jetsam, refuse, etc., from beaches.
- leaf-climber — a plant that climbs by using leaves specialized as tendrils
- may-december — of or designating a marriage or romantic relationship between a young person and a person who is considerably older
- not-a-number — (mathematics) (NaN) An IEEE floating point representation for the result of a numerical operation which cannot return a valid number value. A NaN can result from multiplying an infinity by a zero, or from subtracting one infinity from another [what else?]. NaN is encoded as a special bit pattern [what pattern?] which would otherwise represent a floating-point number. It is used to signal error returns where other mechanisms are not convenient, e.g. a hardware floating-point unit and to allow errors to propagate through a calculation. Similar bit patterns represent positive and negative overflow and underflow and the positive and negative infinities resulting from division by zero.
13 letter words ending with mber
14 letter words ending with mber
- assemblymember — A person who serves as a member of an assembly.
- ban-the-bomber — a person who vigorously advocates banning the development or use of nuclear weapons.
- congressmember — a member of a congress, especially of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- fighter-bomber — an aircraft that combines the functions of a fighter and a bomber.
- plenum-chamber — a system of mechanical ventilation in which fresh air is forced into the spaces to be ventilated from a chamber (plenum chamber) at a pressure slightly higher than atmospheric pressure, so as to expel foul air.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in MBER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 304 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in MBER that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.