Words ending with mate
4 letter words ending with mate
- mate — a tealike South American beverage made from the dried leaves of an evergreen tree.
- boatswain's mate — a job classification in the US navy
- chief mate — first mate.
- first mate — the officer of a merchant vessel next in command beneath the captain.
- fool's mate — a checkmate achieved by Black's second move: the quickest possible mate
5 letter words ending with mate
- amate — to be a match to or for (someone or something)
6 letter words ending with mate
- comate — having tufts of hair
- demate — (transitive, aerospace) To move (a space shuttle orbiter) off the back of an aircraft that can carry it.
- dimate — (language) Depot Installed Maintenance Automatic Test Equipment. A language for programming automatic test equipment. It Runs on the RCA 301.
- hamate — hook-shaped.
- humate — (chemistry) A salt of humic acid.
7 letter words ending with mate
- agemate — a person roughly the same age as another person
- animate — Something that is animate has life, in contrast to things like stones and machines which do not.
- atomate — (biology, mycology) Having a surface covered in tiny shiny particles; powdered.
- bedmate — bedfellow (def 1).
- bromate — any salt or ester of bromic acid, containing the monovalent group -BrO3 or ion BrO3–
8 letter words ending with mate
- age-mate — a person or animal of the same age, or nearly the same age, as another
- automate — To automate a factory, office, or industrial process means to put in machines which can do the work instead of people.
- bandmate — a fellow member of a band
- bunkmate — a person who sleeps in the same quarters as another
- campmate — Someone who is or has been in the same camp as another person; one's fellow camper.
9 letter words ending with mate
10 letter words ending with mate
- acoelomate — any animal without a body cavity, such as a flatworm
- amalgamate — When two or more things, especially organizations, amalgamate or are amalgamated, they become one large thing.
- bichromate — dichromate
- consummate — You use consummate to describe someone who is extremely skilful.
- coursemate — One who is taking the same academic course.
11 letter words ending with mate
- approximate — An approximate number, time, or position is close to the correct number, time, or position, but is not exact.
- dephlegmate — to remove watery substances from (acids or spirits) in order to purify
- desublimate — Psychology. to divert the energy of (a sexual or other biological impulse) from its immediate goal to one of a more acceptable social, moral, or aesthetic nature or use.
- guesstimate — to estimate without substantial basis in facts or statistics.
- impostumate — affected by an abscess
12 letter words ending with mate
- cyclostomate — having a round mouth
- delegitimate — (transitive) to remove the legitimacy from.
- fissipalmate — (of birds) having the toes lobed or partially webbed.
- hydrobromate — (chemistry) hydrobromide.
- illegitimate — born of parents who are not married to each other; born out of wedlock: an illegitimate child.
13 letter words ending with mate
- cryptoclimate — the climate of a small area, as of confined spaces such as caves or houses (cryptoclimate) of plant communities, wooded areas, etc. (phytoclimate) or of urban communities, which may be different from that in the general region.
- hierogrammate — a writer of hierograms
- over-estimate — to estimate at too high a value, amount, rate, or the like: Don't overestimate the car's trade-in value.
- palaeoclimate — the climate of a prehistoric age
- self-estimate — to form an approximate judgment or opinion regarding the worth, amount, size, weight, etc., of; calculate approximately: to estimate the cost of a college education.
14 letter words ending with mate
15 letter words ending with mate
16 letter words ending with mate
18 letter words ending with mate
- preantepenultimate — third from the end.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in MATE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 202 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in MATE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.