Words ending with lon
5 letter words ending with lon
- allon — the cry uttered by a whipper-in to signify that all the hounds are accounted for.
- arlon — a town in SE Belgium, capital of Luxembourg province. Pop: 25 766 (2004 est)
- azlon — a textile fibre made from protein
- balon — the lightness and grace of movement that make a dancer appear buoyant.
- belon — a type of European oyster
6 letter words ending with lon
- athlon — (hardware) (K7) AMD's 7th generation x86 processor, released in June 1999. Athlon uses a Slot A motherboard and is not compatible with Slot 1 motherboards.
- avalon — an island paradise in the western seas: in Arthurian legend it is where King Arthur was taken after he was mortally wounded
- ballon — a quality of gracefulness, poise and buoyancy as found in good dancers
- billon — an alloy consisting of gold or silver and a base metal, usually copper, used esp for coinage
- caslon — a style of type designed by William Caslon, English type founder (1692–1766)
7 letter words ending with lon
8 letter words ending with lon
- abutilon — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the malvaceous genus Abutilon, such as the flowering maple, that have showy white, yellow, or red flowers
- ashkelon — Ashqelon
- ashqelon — city in SW Israel, on the Mediterranean: nearby is the site of an ancient city-state (often sp. Ashkelon) of the Philistines, 12th cent. b.c. (cf. I Sam. 6:17; Jer. 25:20): pop. 57,000
- biathlon — a contest in which skiers with rifles shoot at four targets along a 20-kilometre (12.5-mile) cross-country course
- bouillon — Bouillon is a liquid made by boiling meat and bones or vegetables in water and used to make soups and sauces.
9 letter words ending with lon
- bertillon — Alphonse [al-fons,, -fonz;; French al-fawns] /ˈæl fɒns,, -fɒnz;; French alˈfɔ̃s/ (Show IPA), 1853–1914, French anthropologist: devised Bertillon system.
- cantillon — Richard [ree-shar;; English rich-erd] /riˈʃar;; English ˈrɪtʃ ərd/ (Show IPA), c1680–1734, French economist, born in Ireland.
- castellón — seaport in E Spain, on the Mediterranean: pop. 133,000
- decathlon — The decathlon is a competition in which athletes compete in 10 different sporting events.
- diachylon — a type of adhesive plaster, formerly made of various plant juices, but later containing lead oxide and glycerin
10 letter words ending with lon
- encephalon — The brain.
- enneathlon — an athletic contest in which each athlete competes in nine events
- heptathlon — an athletic contest for women comprising seven different track-and-field events and won by the contestant amassing the highest total score.
- mush-melon — muskmelon.
- paddymelon — any of several small Australian wallabies, especially of the genus Thylogale.
11 letter words ending with lon
- half-gallon — a half of a gallon, equal to 2 quarts (1.9 liters).
12 letter words ending with lon
- diencephalon — the posterior section of the forebrain.
- epencephalon — the cerebellum and pons Varolii
- haematoxylon — any thorny leguminous tree of the genus Haematoxylon, esp the logwood, of tropical America and SW Africa. The heartwood yields the dye haematoxylin
- neencephalon — the more recent part of the brain in the evolutionary development of animals, including the cerebral cortex and its related structures.
13 letter words ending with lon
14 letter words ending with lon
- archencephalon — the primitive forebrain region of the embryo, anterior to the notochord, that gives rise to the midbrain and forebrain.
- court-bouillon — a stock made from root vegetables, water, and wine or vinegar, used primarily for poaching fish
- duchamp-villon — Raymond [re-mawn] /rɛˈmɔ̃/ (Show IPA), 1876–1918, French sculptor (brother of Jacques Villon and Marcel Duchamp).
- myelencephalon — the posterior section of the hindbrain comprising the medulla oblongata.
- paleencephalon — (no longer in technical use) the more primitive part of the brain in the evolutionary development of animals, including all parts except the cerebral cortex and its related structures.
15 letter words ending with lon
16 letter words ending with lon
- thalamencephalon — the diencephalon.
20 letter words ending with lon
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
On this page, we collect all words that ending in LON. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 189 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in LON that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.