Words ending with ling
4 letter words ending with ling
- ling — an elongated, marine, gadid food fish, Molva molva, of Greenland and northern Europe.
- ding ling — (Jiang Bingzhi) 1904–86, Chinese author.
- nan ling — a mountain range in S China, separating Guangdong province from Hunan province and Guangxi Zhuang region.
- ting ling — (Chiang Ping-chih) Ding Ling.
5 letter words ending with ling
- bling — Some people refer to expensive or fancy jewellery as bling or bling-bling.
- cling — If you cling to someone or something, you hold onto them tightly.
- fling — to throw, cast, or hurl with force or violence: to fling a stone.
- sling — an iced alcoholic drink, typically containing gin, water, sugar, and lemon or lime juice.
- bling bling — expensive and flashy jewelry, clothing, or other possessions.
6 letter words ending with ling
- ailing — An ailing organization or society is in difficulty and is becoming weaker.
- baling — Also, bailer. a bucket, dipper, or other container used for bailing.
- doling — a portion or allotment of money, food, etc., especially as given at regular intervals by a charity or for maintenance.
- ealing — a borough of Greater London, England.
- eeling — Present participle of eel.
7 letter words ending with ling
8 letter words ending with ling
- angeling — one of a class of spiritual beings; a celestial attendant of God. In medieval angelology, angels constituted the lowest of the nine celestial orders (seraphim, cherubim, thrones, dominations or dominions, virtues, powers, principalities or princedoms, archangels, and angels).
- appaling — Misspelling of appalling.
- appeling — Present participle of appel.
- atheling — (in Anglo-Saxon England) a prince of any of the royal dynasties
- availing — to be of use or value to; profit; advantage: All our efforts availed us little in trying to effect a change.
9 letter words ending with ling
- absailing — Misspelling of abseiling.
- abseiling — the practice of descending a steep slope by a rope secured from above and coiled around one's body
- aetheling — atheling.
- annealing — Annealing is the process of heating a metal or alloy to a temperature below its melting point in order to make it softer.
- annulling — (especially of laws or other established rules, usages, etc.) to make void or null; abolish; cancel; invalidate: to annul a marriage.
10 letter words ending with ling
- airmailing — Present participle of airmail.
- appareling — Present participle of apparel.
- assembling — to bring together or gather into one place, company, body, or whole.
- barrelling — a cylindrical wooden container with slightly bulging sides made of staves hooped together, and with flat, parallel ends.
- batfowling — A method of catching birds at night, by holding a torch or other light, and beating the bush or perch where they roost so that the birds fly towards the light.
11 letter words ending with ling
- antifouling — (of a paint or other coating) inhibiting the growth of barnacles and other marine organisms on a ship's bottom
- apparelling — Present participle of apparel.
- backfilling — material used for refilling an excavation.
- bamboozling — Present participle of bamboozle.
- bankrolling — Present participle of bankroll.
12 letter words ending with ling
- automobiling — (dated) present participle of automobile.
- backpedaling — to retard the forward motion by pressing backward on the pedal, especially of a bicycle with coaster brakes.
- boardsailing — windsurfing
- buttonholing — the hole, slit, or loop through which a button is passed and by which it is secured.
- cartwheeling — Present participle of cartwheel.
13 letter words ending with ling
- backpedalling — to retard the forward motion by pressing backward on the pedal, especially of a bicycle with coaster brakes.
- bloodcurdling — terrifying; horrifying
- cannonballing — Present participle of cannonball.
- coat-trailing — provocative or contentious writing, speech, behavior, etc.
- credentialing — Usually, credentials. evidence of authority, status, rights, entitlement to privileges, or the like, usually in written form: Only those with the proper credentials are admitted.
14 letter words ending with ling
- anti-smuggling — to import or export (goods) secretly, in violation of the law, especially without payment of legal duty.
- blood-curdling — A blood-curdling sound or story is very frightening and horrible.
- countervailing — A countervailing force, power, or opinion is one which is of equal strength to another one but is its opposite or opposes it.
- credentialling — the practice of analysing the credentials of an individual or organization
- disembowelling — (chiefly, British) present participle of disembowel.
15 letter words ending with ling
- self-fulfilling — characterized by or bringing about self-fulfillment.
16 letter words ending with ling
- gender-profiling — the use of personal characteristics or behavior patterns to make generalizations about a person, as in gender profiling.
- over-controlling — to exercise restraint or direction over; dominate; command: The car is difficult to control at high speeds. That zone is controlled by enemy troops.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in LING. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1407 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in LING that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.