Words ending with lf
3 letter words ending with lf
4 letter words ending with lf
- calf — A calf is a young cow.
- crlf — (character) /ker'l*f/, sometimes /kru'l*f/ or /C-R-L-F/ A carriage return (CR, ASCII 13) followed by a line feed (LF, ASCII 10). Under Unix influence this usage has become less common because Unix uses just line feed as its line terminator. See newline, terpri.
- delf — something that has been dug, such as a ditch, pit, mine, or grave
- golf — a game in which clubs with wooden or metal heads are used to hit a small, white ball into a number of holes, usually 9 or 18, in succession, situated at various distances over a course having natural or artificial obstacles, the object being to get the ball into each hole in as few strokes as possible.
- gulf — a portion of an ocean or sea partly enclosed by land.
5 letter words ending with lf
- adolf — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “wolf.”.
- grilf — Girl-friend. Like newsfroup and filk, a typo incarnated as a new word. Seems to have originated sometime in 1992.
- hrolf — Rollo (def 1).
- shelf — a thin slab of wood, metal, etc., fixed horizontally to a wall or in a frame, for supporting objects.
- skelf — a splinter of wood, esp when embedded accidentally in the skin
6 letter words ending with lf
- arnulf — a.d. 850?–899, emperor of the Holy Roman Empire 887–899: crowned 896.
- begulf — to engulf or overwhelm
- behalf — interest, part, benefit, or respect (only in the phrases on (someone's) behalf, on or US and Canadian in behalf of, in this (or that) behalf)
- engulf — (of a natural force ) sweep over (something) so as to surround or cover it completely.
- ingulf — engulf.
7 letter words ending with lf
8 letter words ending with lf
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- cynewulf — ?8th century ad, Anglo-Saxon poet; author of Juliana, The Ascension, Elene, and The Fates of the Apostles
- mooncalf — a congenitally grossly deformed and mentally defective person.
- on-shelf — On-shelf goods are available now and displayed for sale.
- she-wolf — a female wolf.
9 letter words ending with lf
- bookshelf — A bookshelf is a shelf on which you keep books.
- cyberself — An alternate self on the Internet or in cyberspace; an online alter-ego.
- ethelwulf — died 858 ad, king of Wessex (839–858)
- moon-calf — a congenitally grossly deformed and mentally defective person.
- underself — the part of a personality that remains hidden
10 letter words ending with lf
11 letter words ending with lf
13 letter words ending with lf
14 letter words ending with lf
- do-it-yourself — of or designed for construction or use by amateurs without special training: a do-it-yourself kit for building a radio.
15 letter words ending with lf
- thing-in-itself — reality as it is apart from experience; what remains to be postulated after space, time, and all the categories of the understanding are assigned to consciousness. Compare noumenon (def 3).
On this page, we collect all words that ending in LF. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 264 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in LF that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.