Words ending with lect
4 letter words ending with lect
- lect — (linguistics, sociolinguistics) A specific form of a language or language cluster: a language or a dialect.
5 letter words ending with lect
6 letter words ending with lect
- select — to choose in preference to another or others; pick out.
7 letter words ending with lect
- collect — If you collect a number of things, you bring them together from several places or from several people.
- deflect — If you deflect something that is moving, you make it go in a slightly different direction, for example by hitting or blocking it.
- dialect — A dialect is a form of a language that is spoken in a particular area.
- ecolect — A language variety unique to a household.
- inflect — to modulate (the voice).
8 letter words ending with lect
- acrolect — the most standard form of language
- basilect — (in a region where creole is or has been spoken) the dialect closest to that creole and furthest removed from the most prestigious dialect (the acrolect) of the region
- complect — to interweave or entwine
- deselect — (of a constituency organization) to refuse to select (an existing MP) for re-election
- idiolect — The speech habits peculiar to a particular person.
9 letter words ending with lect
- ethnolect — A language variety specific to an ethnic group.
- genuflect — to bend the knee or touch one knee to the floor in reverence or worship.
- intellect — the power or faculty of the mind by which one knows or understands, as distinguished from that by which one feels and that by which one wills; the understanding; the faculty of thinking and acquiring knowledge.
- pre-elect — to choose or select by vote, as for an office: to elect a mayor. Antonyms: reject.
- predilect — chosen in preference; preferred
10 letter words ending with lect
11 letter words ending with lect
12 letter words ending with lect
15 letter words ending with lect
- president-elect — a president after election but before induction into office.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in LECT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 49 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in LECT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.