Words ending with land
4 letter words ending with land
- land — Edwin Herbert, 1909–91, U.S. inventor and businessman: created the Polaroid camera.
- access land — (in England and Wales) areas of the countryside which are open to the public
- adélie land — a part of Antarctica, between Wilkes Land and George V Land: the mainland section of the French Southern and Antarctic Territories (claim suspended under the Antarctic Treaty)
- arnhem land — a region of N Australia in the N Northern Territory, large areas of which are reserved for native Australians
- black land — a black, clayey soil.
5 letter words ending with land
- -land — a kind or quality of land
- aland — to land, on land, ashore
- bland — If you describe someone or something as bland, you mean that they are rather dull and unexciting.
- eland — A spiral-horned African antelope that lives in open woodland and grassland. It is the largest of the antelopes.
- gland — a sleeve within a stuffing box, fitted over a shaft or valve stem and tightened against compressible packing in such a way as to prevent leakage of fluid while allowing the shaft or stem to move; lantern ring.
6 letter words ending with land
- adland — the advertising industry and the people who work in it
- boland — an area of high altitude in S South Africa
- deland — Margaret (Margaretta Wade Campbell Deland) 1857–1945, U.S. novelist.
- geland — A kind of andisol associated with very cold climates.
- inland — pertaining to or situated in the interior part of a country or region: inland cities.
7 letter words ending with land
- ashland — a city in NE Kentucky, on the Ohio River.
- badland — Alternative form of badlands.
- bogland — an area of wetland, usually extensive
- bolland — Jean de [French zhahn duh] /French ʒɑ̃ də/ (Show IPA), or Johan van [Flemish yoh-hahn vahn] /Flemish yoʊˈhɑn vɑn/ (Show IPA), or John, 1596–1665, Belgian Jesuit hagiographer.
- cleland — John. 1709–89, British writer, best known for his bawdy novel Fanny Hill (1748–49)
8 letter words ending with land
- auckland — the chief port of New Zealand, in the northern part of North Island: former capital of New Zealand (1840–65). Pop: 450 300 (2010 est)
- backland — undeveloped land behind a developed property
- bareland — (of a croft) having no house attached
- bookland — an area of common land given to a private owner
- buckland — William. 1784–1856, English geologist; he became a proponent of the idea of catastrophic ice ages
9 letter words ending with land
- baekeland — Leo Hendrik [lee-oh hen-drik;; Flemish ley-oh hen-drik] /ˈli oʊ ˈhɛn drɪk;; Flemish ˈleɪ oʊ ˈhɛn drɪk/ (Show IPA), 1863–1944, U.S. chemist, born in Belgium: developed Bakelite.
- benchland — a stretch of level ground at the foot of mountains
- blackland — an area of dark peaty soil
- brushland — an area of land characterized by patchy shrubs and bushes
- cleveland — a former county of NE England formed in 1974 from parts of E Durham and N Yorkshire; replaced in 1996 by the unitary authorities of Hartlepool (Durham), Stockton-on-Tees (Durham), Middlesbrough (North Yorkshire) and Redcar and Cleveland (North Yorkshire)
10 letter words ending with land
- bananaland — Queensland.
- basel-land — a demicanton in N Switzerland. 165 sq. mi. (425 sq. km). Capital: Liestal.
- basutoland — Lesotho
- belly-land — (of an aviator) to land (an aircraft) directly on the fuselage, as because of defective landing gear.
- borderland — The borderland between two things is an area which contains features from both of these things so that it is not possible to say that it belongs to one or the other.
11 letter words ending with land
- barotseland — a region in W Zambia. 44,920 sq. mi. (116,343 sq. km).
- deutschland — Germany
- fantasyland — a place or circumstance existing only in the imagination or as an ideal; dream world.
- heat-island — an urban area having higher average temperature than its rural surroundings owing to the greater absorption, retention, and generation of heat by its buildings, pavements, and human activities.
- husbandland — the holding once held by a husband or tenant farmer or the quantity of land held by him, approximately 32 acres
12 letter words ending with land
- bechuanaland — former British territory (1884-1966) in S Africa: now the country of Botswana
- farthingland — a unit of land area, sometimes described as being equivalent to thirty acres
- gangsterland — an area controlled by gangsters
- gondwanaland — a hypothetical landmass in the Southern Hemisphere that separated toward the end of the Paleozoic Era to form South America, Africa, Antarctica, and Australia.
- land-to-land — designed for launching or traveling from a base on land to a target or destination on land: land-to-land missile.
14 letter words ending with land
- northumberland — a county in NE England. 1943 sq. mi. (5030 sq. km).
15 letter words ending with land
- no--man-s--land — an area between opposing armies, over which no control has been established.
17 letter words ending with land
- cloud-cuckoo-land — If you say that someone is living in cloud-cuckoo-land, you are criticizing them because they think there are no problems and that things will happen exactly as they want them to, when this is obviously not the case.
19 letter words ending with land
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
On this page, we collect all words that ending in LAND. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 514 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in LAND that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.