Words ending with ium
4 letter words ending with ium
5 letter words ending with ium
- ilium — the broad, upper portion of either hipbone.
- odium — intense hatred or dislike, especially toward a person or thing regarded as contemptible, despicable, or repugnant.
- onium — (chemistry) any cation derived by the addition of a proton to the hydride of any element of the nitrogen, chalcogen or halogen families.
- opium — the dried, condensed juice of a poppy, Papaver somniferum, that has a narcotic, soporific, analgesic, and astringent effect and contains morphine, codeine, papaverine, and other alkaloids used in medicine in their isolated or derived forms: a narcotic substance, poisonous in large doses.
6 letter words ending with ium
- -arium — indicating a place for or associated with something
- -onium — any of a group of compounds that are isologues of ammonium
- actium — a town of ancient Greece that overlooked the naval battle in 31 bc at which Octavian's fleet under Agrippa defeated that of Mark Antony and Cleopatra
- aecium — a globular or cup-shaped structure in some rust fungi in which aeciospores are produced
- aegium — a town in ancient Achaea, on the Gulf of Corinth: the Achaean League met here.
7 letter words ending with ium
- -gonium — indicating a seed or reproductive cell
- -podium — a part resembling a foot
- acylium — (organic chemistry) Any acyl cation R-C+=O derived from a carboxylic acid.
- alodium — allodium
- alumium — (obsolete) Alternative name for aluminium / aluminum (the chemical element, symbol Al, with an atomic number of 13).
8 letter words ending with ium
- achenium — (botany) achene.
- actinium — a radioactive element of the actinide series, occurring as a decay product of uranium. It is used as an alpha-particle source and in neutron production. Symbol: Ac; atomic no: 89; half-life of most stable isotope,227Ac: 21.6 years; relative density: 10.07; melting pt: 1051°C; boiling pt: 3200 ± 300°C
- aecidium — an aecium
- aerarium — the state treasury in ancient Rome.
- aerobium — an aerobe
9 letter words ending with ium
- aethalium — a large, plump, pillow-shaped fruiting body of certain myxomycetes, formed by the aggregation of plasmodia into a single functional mass.
- aluminium — Aluminium is a lightweight metal used, for example, for making cooking equipment and aircraft parts.
- americium — a white metallic transuranic element artificially produced from plutonium. It is used as an alpha-particle source. Symbol: Am; atomic no: 95; half-life of most stable isotope, 243Am: 7.4 × 103 years; valency: 2,3,4,5, or 6; relative density: 13.67; melting pt: 1176°C; boiling pt: 2607°C (est)
- anthodium — the flower head or bracts of a composite plant, as in daisies or asters
- anthurium — any of various tropical American aroid plants constituting the genus Anthurium, many of which are cultivated as house plants for their showy foliage and their flowers, which are borne in a long-stalked spike surrounded by a flaring heart-shaped white or red bract
10 letter words ending with ium
11 letter words ending with ium
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- androconium — a scale on the forewing of certain male butterflies from which an odor attractive to females is emitted.
- antependium — a covering hung over the front of an altar
- antheridium — the male sex organ of algae, fungi, bryophytes, and spore-bearing vascular plants, such as ferns, which produces antherozoids
- antimensium — antimension.
12 letter words ending with ium
- aldebaranium — (chemistry, obsolete) A rejected name for ytterbium.
- amphithecium — the outer layer of cells of the sporophyte of mosses and liverworts that develops into the outer parts of the spore-bearing capsule
- androclinium — clinandrium.
- antebrachium — (anatomy) The forearm.
- antibrachium — (anatomy) alternative spelling of antebrachium.
13 letter words ending with ium
- acaridomatium — a place on a plant leaf suitable for mites to live
- actinouranium — the isotope of uranium that has a mass number of 235
- agrobacterium — A soil bacterium, of the genus Agrobacterium, which can fix nitrogen, and causes the formation of crown galls in plants.
- amphigastrium — any of the small leaves or appendages on the under surface of the stem of some liverworts
- anticlinorium — a vast elongated anticline with its strata further folded into anticlines and synclines
14 letter words ending with ium
- archebacterium — (biology) alternative spelling of archaebacterium.
- archipterygium — (anatomy) A primitive fin, like that of Ceratodus.
- arthroconidium — A kind of asexual fungal spore, typically produced by segmentation of pre-existing fungal hyphae.
- chondrocranium — the cartilaginous structure that, in early development, envelops the brain
- clavicytherium — a kind of harpsichord
15 letter words ending with ium
- archaebacterium — Any primitive bacteria-like organism in the kingdom Archaea.
- chartophylacium — (in a medieval church) a place for the keeping of records and documents.
- corynebacterium — any of various bacterium of the genus Corynebacterium, including various animal and plant pathogens and animal parasites
- cryptosporidium — any parasitic sporozoan protozoan of the genus Cryptosporidium, species of which are parasites of birds and animals and can be transmitted to humans, causing severe abdominal pain and diarrhoea (cryptosporidiosis)
- enterobacterium — (microbiology) Any of very many gram-negative rod-shaped bacteria of the family Enterobacteriaceae, many of which are pathogenic.
16 letter words ending with ium
- hydroxylammonium — (inorganic compound) The univalent NH3OH+ cation, derived from hydroxylamine.
- methylthioninium — (organic chemistry, especially in combination) The heterocyclic cation 3,7-bis(dimethylamino)-phenothiazin-5-ium, that is the basis of methylene blue.
- platinum-iridium — (standard) A standard, against which all others of the same category are measured. Usage: silly. The notion is that one of whatever it is has actually been cast in platinum-iridium alloy and placed in the vault beside the Standard Kilogram at the International Bureau of Weights and Measures near Paris, as the bar defining the standard metre once was. "This garbage collection algorithm has been tested against the platinum-iridium cons cell in Paris." Compare golden.
20 letter words ending with ium
- lutherville-timonium — a city in N Maryland, near Baltimore.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IUM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 836 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IUM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.