Words ending with ity
4 letter words ending with ity
- city — The City is the part of London where many important financial institutions have their main offices. People often refer to these financial institutions as the City.
- alexander city — a city in E Alabama.
- arkansas city — a city in S Kansas.
- atlantic city — a resort in SE New Jersey on Absecon Beach, an island on the Atlantic coast. Pop: 40 385 (2003 est)
- bay city — a lake port in E Michigan, near the mouth of the Saginaw River.
5 letter words ending with ity
6 letter words ending with ity
- acuity — Acuity is sharpness of vision or hearing, or quickness of thought.
- aseity — existence derived from itself, having no other source
- cavity — A cavity is a space or hole in something such as a solid object or a person's body.
- cecity — a rare word for blindness
- comity — mutual civility; courtesy
7 letter words ending with ity
- ability — Your ability to do something is the fact that you can do it.
- acidity — the quality or state of being acid
- agility — the power of moving quickly and easily; nimbleness: exercises demanding agility.
- amenity — Amenities are things such as shopping centres or sports facilities that are provided for people's convenience, enjoyment, or comfort.
- aminity — the state of being an amine
8 letter words ending with ity
- acerbity — Acerbity is a kind of bitter, critical humour.
- acridity — sharp or biting to the taste or smell; bitterly pungent; irritating to the eyes, nose, etc.: acrid smoke from burning rubber.
- activity — Activity is a situation in which a lot of things are happening or being done.
- affinity — If you have an affinity with someone or something, you feel that you are similar to them or that you know and understand them very well.
- alacrity — If you do something with alacrity, you do it quickly and eagerly.
9 letter words ending with ity
- abnormity — lack of normality; a deviation from the usual or typical
- absurdity — the quality or state of being absurd; nonsense
- acclivity — an upward slope, esp of the ground
- actuality — Actuality is the state of really existing rather than being imagined.
- adiposity — the state of being fat; obesity
10 letter words ending with ity
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- abstrusity — the quality of being abstruse
- acausality — having no cause.
- actability — capable of being acted or suitable for acting: He has written a very actable, well-structured play.
- adaptivity — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
11 letter words ending with ity
- abnormality — An abnormality in something, especially in a person's body or behaviour, is an unusual part or feature of it that may be worrying or dangerous.
- adorability — the quality of being adorable or highly attractive
- affectivity — of, caused by, or expressing emotion or feeling; emotional.
- amenability — ready or willing to answer, act, agree, or yield; open to influence, persuasion, or advice; agreeable; submissive; tractable: an amenable servant.
- amicability — characterized by or showing goodwill; friendly; peaceable: an amicable settlement.
12 letter words ending with ity
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- adaptability — capable of being adapted.
- admirability — the quality of being admirable
- adoptability — the quality or extent of being adoptable
- advisability — proper to be suggested or recommended; desirable or wise, as a course of action: Is it advisable for me to write to him?
13 letter words ending with ity
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- achromaticity — achromatism.
14 letter words ending with ity
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
- anti-sociality — unwilling or unable to associate in a normal or friendly way with other people: He's not antisocial, just shy.
- anti-sterility — free from living germs or microorganisms; aseptic: sterile surgical instruments.
- anticonformity — action in accord with prevailing social standards, attitudes, practices, etc.
15 letter words ending with ity
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
- bioavailability — the extent to which a drug or other substance is taken up by a specific tissue or organ after administration; the proportion of the dose of a drug that reaches the systemic circulation intact after administration by a route other than intravenous
- carcinogenicity — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- communicability — capable of being easily communicated or transmitted: communicable information; a communicable disease.
16 letter words ending with ity
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
- biocompatibility — the capability of coexistence with living tissues or organisms without causing harm: Artificial joint adhesives must have biocompatibility with bone and muscle.
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
- consequentiality — following as an effect, result, or outcome; resultant; consequent.
- coreferentiality — (of two words or phrases) having reference to the same person or thing.
17 letter words ending with ity
- aperture-priority — of or relating to a semiautomatic exposure system in which the photographer presets the aperture and the camera selects the shutter speed.
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- circumstantiality — the quality of being circumstantial
- comprehensibility — capable of being comprehended or understood; intelligible.
18 letter words ending with ity
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- disproportionality — not in proportion; disproportionate.
- distinguishability — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- histocompatibility — the condition of having antigenic similarities such that cells or tissues transplanted from one (the donor) to another (the recipient) are not rejected.
- incommensurability — not commensurable; having no common basis, measure, or standard of comparison.
19 letter words ending with ity
21 letter words ending with ity
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ITY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2913 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ITY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.