Words ending with ite
4 letter words ending with ite
- bite — If you bite something, you use your teeth to cut into it, for example in order to eat it or break it. If an animal or person bites you, they use their teeth to hurt or injure you.
- cite — If you cite something, you quote it or mention it, especially as an example or proof of what you are saying.
- dite — a bit (usually used in negative constructions): I don't care a dite.
- gite — a furnished vacation home in France that is available for rental, especially in a rural setting.
- kite — the paunch; stomach; belly.
5 letter words ending with ite
- blite — any of a variety of plants in the family Chenopodiaceae, esp Amaranthus blitum
- boite — a small nightclub, cabaret, or restaurant
- clite — Classical Mythology. the wife of Cyzicus, who hanged herself when her husband was mistakenly killed by the Argonauts.
- flite — to dispute; wrangle; scold; jeer.
- quite — completely, wholly, or entirely: quite the reverse; not quite finished.
6 letter words ending with ite
- acmite — a silicate mineral with chemical formula NaFeSi2O6, consisting of pyramid-shaped crystals; aegirite
- albite — a colourless, milky-white, yellow, pink, green, or black mineral of the feldspar group and plagioclase series, found in igneous sedimentary and metamorphic rocks. It is used in the manufacture of glass and ceramics. Composition: sodium aluminium silicate. Formula: NaALSi3O8. Crystal structure: triclinic
- alwite — white (def 11).
- aplite — a light-coloured fine-grained acid igneous rock with a sugary texture, consisting of quartz and feldspars
- augite — a black or greenish-black mineral of the pyroxene group, found in igneous rocks. Composition: calcium magnesium iron aluminium silicate. General formula: (Ca,Mg,Fe,Al)(Si,Al)2O6. Crystal structure: monoclinic
7 letter words ending with ite
- aconite — any of various N temperate plants of the ranunculaceous genus Aconitum, such as monkshood and wolfsbane, many of which are poisonous
- adamite — a human being
- agalite — a fibrous variety of talc.
- alawite — a member of a Shiʿite sect inhabiting the coastal district of Latakia in northwest Syria.
- alunite — a white, grey, or reddish mineral consisting of hydrated aluminium sulphate. It occurs in volcanic igneous rocks and is a source of potassium and aluminium compounds. Formula: KAl3(SO4)2(OH)6
8 letter words ending with ite
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- achroite — the colorless or white variety of tourmaline, often used as a gem.
- adamsite — a yellow poisonous crystalline solid that readily sublimes; diphenylaminechlorarsine. It is used in chemical warfare as a vomiting agent. Formula: C6H4AsClNHC6H4; relative density: 1.65; melting pt: 195°C; boiling pt: 410°C
- aegirite — a mineral of the pyroxene group, NaFeSi2O6, commonly found in alkaline igneous rocks
- aerolite — a stony meteorite consisting of silicate minerals
9 letter words ending with ite
- acanthite — the orthorhombic form of silver sulfide.
- actualité — humorous word for truth
- albertite — a black solid variety of bitumen that has a conchoidal fracture and occurs in veins in oil-bearing strata
- almandite — almandine.
- aluminite — a mineral, hydrous aluminum sulfate, Al 2 (SO 4)(OH) 4 ⋅7H 2 O, occurring in white, chalky masses.
10 letter words ending with ite
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- actinolite — a green mineral of the amphibole group consisting of calcium magnesium iron silicate. Formula: Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2
- adullamite — a person who has withdrawn from a political group and joined with a few others to form a dissident group
- alabandite — a mineral form of manganese sulphide (MnS) with cubic crystals
- amphitrite — a sea goddess, wife of Poseidon and mother of Triton
11 letter words ending with ite
- adipocerite — hatchettite.
- alexandrite — a green variety of chrysoberyl used as a gemstone
- allemontite — a white to gray, brittle mineral, antimony arsenide, AsSb, occurring in reniform masses: formerly used as an ore of arsenic.
- amblygonite — a white or greyish mineral consisting of lithium aluminium fluorophosphate in triclinic crystalline form. It is a source of lithium. Formula: (Li,Na)Al(PO4)(F,OH)
- amphibolite — a metamorphic rock consisting mainly of amphibole and plagioclase
12 letter words ending with ite
- arfvedsonite — a type of hornblende with the composition Na3(Fe,Mg)4FeSi8O22(OH)2
- arsenopyrite — a white or grey metallic mineral consisting of a sulphide of iron and arsenic that forms monoclinic crystals with an orthorhombic shape: an ore of arsenic. Formula: FeAsS
- bismuthinite — a grey mineral consisting of bismuth sulphide in orthorhombic crystalline form. It occurs in veins associated with tin, copper, silver, lead, etc, and is a source of bismuth. Formula: Bi2S3
- blatherskite — a talkative silly person
- boulangerite — a bluish lead-gray mineral, lead antimony sulfide, Pb 5 Sb 4 S 11 , a minor ore of lead.
13 letter words ending with ite
- anthophyllite — a black or greenish-black mineral from the hornblende group, found in igneous and metamorphic rocks
- antisatellite — (of a weapon) designed to destroy satellites
- archimandrite — the head of a monastery or a group of monasteries
- azurmalachite — a blue-green ornamental stone consisting of a mixture of azurite and malachite.
- barytocalcite — a mineral, double carbonate of calcium and barium, CaCO 3 ⋅BaCO 3 , usually found in veins of lead minerals.
14 letter words ending with ite
- antimetabolite — any drug that acts by disrupting the normal growth of a cell. Sulfonamide drugs are antimetabolites and some antimetabolites are used in cancer treatment
- chalcotrichite — a fibrous variety of cuprite.
- chloroargyrite — a greyish-yellow or colourless soft secondary mineral consisting of silver chloride in cubic crystalline form: a source of silver. Formula: AgCl
- cyanoplatinite — platinocyanide.
- hydroxyapatite — a mineral, Ca 10 (PO 4) 6 OH 2 , that is the principal storage form of calcium and phosphorus in bone.
15 letter words ending with ite
- anthropophagite — a cannibal
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- metacinnabarite — the black solid form of mercuric sulphide
- montmorillonite — any of a group of clay minerals characterized by the ability to expand when they absorb large quantities of water.
- phototheodolite — an optical tracking instrument consisting of a camera and theodolite mounted on a single tripod, used in photogrammetry and in tracking rockets.
19 letter words ending with ite
- pseudohermaphrodite — an individual having internal reproductive organs of one sex and external sexual characteristics resembling those of the other sex or being ambiguous in nature. Compare hermaphrodite (def 1).
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ITE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1424 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ITE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.