Words ending with ist
4 letter words ending with ist
- bist — Built-in Self Test
- cist — a wooden box for holding ritual objects used in ancient Rome and Greece
- fist — Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. a small mongrel dog, especially one that is ill-tempered; cur; mutt.
- gist — the main or essential part of a matter: What was the gist of his speech?
- hist — Used to attract attention or call for silence.
5 letter words ending with ist
- agist — to care for and feed (cattle or horses) for payment
- alist — inclined to one side; heeling or listing.
- deist — a believer in deism
- feist — Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. a small mongrel dog, especially one that is ill-tempered; cur; mutt.
- foist — to force upon or impose fraudulently or unjustifiably (usually followed by on or upon): to foist inferior merchandise on a customer.
6 letter words ending with ist
- a-list — An A-list celebrity is a celebrity who is very famous indeed.
- ageist — Ageist behaviour is unacceptable behaviour based on the belief that older people are of less value than younger people.
- aorist — a tense of the verb in classical Greek and in certain other inflected languages, indicating past action without reference to whether the action involved was momentary or continuous
- artist — An artist is someone who draws or paints pictures or creates sculptures as a job or a hobby.
- assist — If you assist someone, you help them to do a job or task by doing part of the work for them.
7 letter words ending with ist
8 letter words ending with ist
- activist — An activist is a person who works to bring about political or social changes by campaigning in public or working for an organization.
- agathist — A person who believes in agathism.
- alarmist — Someone or something that is alarmist causes unnecessary fear or anxiety that something unpleasant or dangerous is going to happen.
- alienist — a psychiatrist who specializes in the legal aspects of mental illness
- alpinist — a mountaineer who climbs in medium-sized glaciated mountain areas such as the Alps
9 letter words ending with ist
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
- adventist — a member of any of the Christian groups, such as the Seventh-Day Adventists that hold that the Second Coming of Christ is imminent
- aerialist — a trapeze artist or tightrope walker
- alchemist — An alchemist was a scientist in the Middle Ages who tried to discover how to change ordinary metals into gold.
- allergist — An allergist is a doctor who specializes in treating people with allergies.
10 letter words ending with ist
- absolutist — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- africanist — a person specializing in the study of African affairs or culture
- agronomist — An agronomist is someone who studies the growing and harvesting of crops.
- alcoranist — a person who believes in an absolutely literal interpretation of the Koran.
- algebraist — an expert in algebra.
11 letter words ending with ist
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- accompanist — An accompanist is a musician, especially a pianist, who plays one part of a piece of music while someone else sings or plays the main tune.
- adventurist — If you describe someone or something as adventurist, you disapprove of them because they are willing to take risks in order to gain an unfair advantage in business or politics.
- americanist — a person who studies some aspect of America, such as its history or languages
- anesthetist — An anesthetist is a nurse or other person who gives an anaesthetic to a patient.
12 letter words ending with ist
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- anaesthetist — An anaesthetist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
- anti-elitist — (of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.
13 letter words ending with ist
- abstentionist — a person who practises or advocates abstention or abstentionism
- acupuncturist — An acupuncturist is a person who performs acupuncture.
- agriculturist — an agricultural expert
- annexationist — the theory or practice of taking over another country's territory, especially by force.
- anti-humanist — a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare, values, and dignity.
14 letter words ending with ist
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- anthropologist — a person who specializes in anthropology
- anti-communist — a person who is opposed to Communism
- anti-formalist — strict adherence to, or observance of, prescribed or traditional forms, as in music, poetry, and art.
15 letter words ending with ist
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-separatist — a person who separates, withdraws, or secedes, as from an established church.
16 letter words ending with ist
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
- anti-imperialist — opposed to imperialism
- anti-materialist — a person who is markedly more concerned with material things than with spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
17 letter words ending with ist
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- congregationalist — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
- conspiratorialist — a person who believes in or supports a conspiracy theory.
- constitutionalist — an adherent or advocate of constitutionalism or of an existing constitution.
- conversationalist — A good conversationalist is someone who talks about interesting things when they have conversations.
18 letter words ending with ist
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
- counterculturalist — the culture and lifestyle of those people, especially among the young, who reject or oppose the dominant values and behavior of society.
- gastroenterologist — the study of the structure, functions, and diseases of digestive organs.
- non-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- paleoclimatologist — the branch of paleogeography dealing with the study of paleoclimates.
19 letter words ending with ist
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
- paleoanthropologist — the study of the origins and predecessors of the present human species, using fossils and other remains.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IST. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2311 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IST that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.