Words ending with ish
4 letter words ending with ish
5 letter words ending with ish
- alish — Resembling or characteristic of ale.
- amish — The Amish are members of a Protestant sect whose rural way of life is simple and strict.
- apish — stupid; foolish
- cuish — a piece of armor or padding for protecting the thigh.
- irish — of, relating to, or characteristic of Ireland, its inhabitants, or their language.
6 letter words ending with ish
7 letter words ending with ish
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- alumish — resembling alum
- anguish — Anguish is great mental suffering or physical pain.
- babyish — Babyish actions, feelings, or looks are like a baby's, or are immature.
- baddish — rather bad; not very good.
8 letter words ending with ish
- actorish — of, relating to, or characteristic of an actor
- admonish — If you admonish someone, you tell them very seriously that they have done something wrong.
- astonish — If something or someone astonishes you, they surprise you very much.
- bairnish — childish
- baitfish — any small fish used as bait for larger fish
9 letter words ending with ish
- amberfish — amberjack.
- angelfish — any of various small tropical marine percoid fishes of the genus Pomacanthus and related genera, which have a deep flattened brightly coloured body and brushlike teeth: family Chaetodontidae
- anorakish — (British, informal) Obsessively absorbed in a subject, especially an unusual or obscure subject.
- authorish — like or similar to an author
- baboonish — resembling a baboon
10 letter words ending with ish
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
- amateurish — If you describe something as amateurish, you think that it is not skilfully made or done.
- anglerfish — a bony fish with a growth on its head which can be wiggled to attract prey
- archerfish — any freshwater percoid fish of the family Toxotidae of S and SE Asia and Australia, esp Toxotes jaculatrix, that catch insects by spitting water at them
- awkwardish — slightly awkward
11 letter words ending with ish
- anemonefish — Any of the clownfish, principally in the Amphiprion genus.
- anglo-irish — the English language as spoken in Ireland
- anti-jewish — anti-Semitic
- antitarnish — resistant to or protecting against tarnishing
- balloonfish — a porcupinefish, Diodon holacanthus, inhabiting tropical and subtropical waters.
12 letter words ending with ish
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- anti-british — opposed to anything characteristic of or relating to Britain
- apple-polish — to curry favor with someone, especially in an obsequious or flattering manner.
- buccaneerish — of or relating to a buccaneer
- cardinalfish — any of the perchlike fishes of the family Apogonidae, many species of which are bright red with black markings.
13 letter words ending with ish
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- bumblebeefish — any of several gobies of the genus Brachygobius, inhabiting waters of the Malay Archipelago and having brown and yellow bands on the body that resemble the markings of a bumblebee.
- butterflyfish — any small tropical marine percoid fish of the genera Chaetodon, Chelmon, etc, that has a deep flattened brightly coloured or strikingly marked body and brushlike teeth: family Chaetodontidae
- dilettanteish — Alternative form of dilettantish.
- french-polish — to finish or treat (a piece of furniture) with French polish.
14 letter words ending with ish
15 letter words ending with ish
- borough-english — (until 1925) a custom in certain English boroughs whereby the youngest son inherited land to the exclusion of his older brothers
- curate's-eggish — good in parts
- hiberno-english — Also called Anglo-Irish. the English language as spoken in Ireland.
- trainspotterish — obsessed with trivial details, esp of a subject generally considered uninteresting
16 letter words ending with ish
- schoolteacherish — showing characteristics thought to be typical of a schoolteacher, as strictness and primness.
17 letter words ending with ish
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ISH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1248 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ISH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.