Words ending with ine
3 letter words ending with ine
- ine — died after 726, king of Wessex (688–726)
4 letter words ending with ine
- bine — the climbing or twining stem of any of various plants, such as the woodbine or bindweed
- cine — Cine is used to refer to things that are used in or connected with the making or showing of films.
- dine — to eat the principal meal of the day; have dinner.
- fine — of superior or best quality; of high or highest grade: fine wine.
- kine — kinescope (defs 1, 2).
5 letter words ending with ine
- aline — align
- amine — an organic base formed by replacing one or more of the hydrogen atoms of ammonia by organic groups
- asine — an ancient town in S Greece, on the Gulf of Argolis.
- azine — any organic compound having a six-membered ring containing at least one nitrogen atom
- brine — Brine is salty water, especially salty water that is used for preserving food.
6 letter words ending with ine
- a-line — (of a garment, esp a skirt or dress) flaring slightly from the waist or shoulders
- affine — of, characterizing, or involving transformations which preserve collinearity, esp in classical geometry, those of translation, rotation and reflection in an axis
- aldine — relating to Aldus Manutius (1450–1515), Italian printer, or to his editions of the classics
- alkine — any member of the alkyne series.
- alpine — Alpine means existing in or relating to mountains, especially the ones in Switzerland.
7 letter words ending with ine
- acarine — any of numerous arachnids of the order Acarina, comprising the mites and ticks.
- adeline — a feminine name: var. Adelina, Aline
- adenine — a purine base present in tissues of all living organisms as a constituent of the nucleic acids DNA and RNA and of certain coenzymes; 6-aminopurine. Formula: C5H5N5; melting pt: 360–365°C
- airline — An airline is a company which provides regular services carrying people or goods in aeroplanes.
- alanine — a nonessential aliphatic amino acid that occurs in many proteins
8 letter words ending with ine
- acauline — having no stem
- acridine — a colourless crystalline solid used in the manufacture of dyes. Formula: C13H9N
- air-line — straight; direct; traveling a direct route: Some railroads advertise air-line routes between stations.
- alchuine — (Ealhwine Flaccus) a.d. 735–804, English theologian and scholar: teacher and adviser of Charlemagne.
- alcidine — of, relating to, or belonging to the Alcidae, a family of sea birds including the auks, guillemots, puffins, and related forms
9 letter words ending with ine
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
- acanthine — of or resembling an acanthus
- aconitine — a poison extracted from aconite
- adenosine — a nucleoside formed by the condensation of adenine and ribose. It is present in all living cells in a combined form, as in ribonucleic acids. Formula: C10H13N5O4
- alabamine — (formerly) astatine. Symbol: Ab.
10 letter words ending with ine
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- adamantine — very hard; unbreakable or unyielding
- adrenaline — a hormone that is secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress and increases heart rate, pulse rate, and blood pressure, and raises the blood levels of glucose and lipids. It is extracted from animals or synthesized for such medical uses as the treatment of asthma. Chemical name: aminohydroxyphenylpropionic acid; formula: C9H13NO3
- adulterine — of or made by adulteration; fake
- aeromarine — relating to navigation of aircraft above the ocean.
11 letter words ending with ine
- accipitrine — of, relating to, or resembling a hawk; rapacious
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- alabastrine — a finely granular variety of gypsum, often white and translucent, used for ornamental objects or work, such as lamp bases, figurines, etc.
- alexandrine — a line of verse having six iambic feet, usually with a caesura after the third foot
- amaranthine — of a dark reddish-purple colour
12 letter words ending with ine
- aeromedicine — the medical treatment of disorders associated with air or space travel
- arsphenamine — a drug containing arsenic, formerly used in the treatment of syphilis and related infections
- azathioprine — a synthetic drug that suppresses the normal immune responses of the body and is administered orally during and after organ transplantation and also in certain types of autoimmune disease. Formula: C9H7N7O2S
- brilliantine — a perfumed oil used to make the hair smooth and shiny
- cabinet-wine — a piece of furniture with shelves, drawers, etc., for holding or displaying items: a curio cabinet; a file cabinet.
13 letter words ending with ine
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- aminophylline — a derivative of theophylline that relaxes smooth muscle and is used mainly to dilate the airways in the treatment of asthma and emphysema
- amitriptyline — a tricyclic antidepressant drug. Formula: C20H23N
14 letter words ending with ine
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- azidothymidine — an antiretroviral drug used to treat HIV/AIDS
- below-the-line — denoting the entries printed below the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account that show how any profit is to be distributed
- benzodiazepine — any of a group of chemical compounds that are used as minor tranquillizers, such as diazepam (Valium) and chlordiazepoxide (Librium)
15 letter words ending with ine
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
- bathing-machine — a small bathhouse on wheels formerly used as a dressing room and in which bathers could also be transported from the beach to the water.
- benzoglyoxaline — benzimidazole.
- brompheniramine — a substance, C 16 H 19 BrN 2 , used as an antihistamine in the management of various allergies, as hay fever.
- complex-machine — an apparatus consisting of interrelated parts with separate functions, used in the performance of some kind of work: a sewing machine.
16 letter words ending with ine
- carpatho-ukraine — a region in W Ukraine: ceded by Czechoslovakia in 1945.
- chlorpheniramine — an antihistaminic compound, C 20 H 23 ClN 2 O 4 , used in treating the symptoms of allergies.
- chryselephantine — (of ancient Greek statues) made of or overlaid with gold and ivory
- diacetylmorphine — heroin.
- hexahydroaniline — cyclohexylamine.
17 letter words ending with ine
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- chlortetracycline — an antibiotic used in treating many bacterial and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces aureofaciens. Formula: C22H23ClN2O8
- cryptocrystalline — (of rocks) composed of crystals that can be distinguished individually only by the use of a polarizing microscope
- dextroamphetamine — a dextrorotatory amphetamine, used to suppress appetite
- diethyltryptamine — a synthetic derivative of tryptamine with hallucinogenic and psychotogenic effects. Abbreviation: DET.
18 letter words ending with ine
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- bottom-of-the-line — being the cheapest item of its kind made by a manufacturer; produced as inexpensively as possible (opposed to top-of-the-line): bottom-of-the-line merchandise that has no warranty.
- dimethyltryptamine — a hallucinogenic drug, C 12 H 16 N 2 , with an action of short duration. Abbreviation: DMT.
- hydroxychloroquine — a colorless crystalline solid, C 18 H 26 ClN 3 O, used in the treatment of malaria, lupus erythematosus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
19 letter words ending with ine
22 letter words ending with ine
24 letter words ending with ine
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
29 letter words ending with ine
On this page, we collect all words that ending in INE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2538 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in INE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.