Words ending with ile
4 letter words ending with ile
- -ile — indicating capability, liability, or a relationship with something
- bile — Bile is a liquid produced by your liver which helps you to digest fat.
- file — a powder made from the ground leaves of the sassafras tree, used as a thickener and to impart a pungent taste to soups, gumbos, and other dishes.
- hile — (botany) hilum.
- kile — An ulcer; sore.
5 letter words ending with ile
- agile — Someone who is agile can move quickly and easily.
- anile — of or like a feeble old woman
- avile — (obsolete) To abase or debase; to vilify; to depreciate.
- axile — of, relating to, or attached to the axis
- baile — (in the southwestern US and parts of Central and South America) a gathering for dancing.
6 letter words ending with ile
- -phile — -phile or -ophile occurs in words which refer to someone who has a very strong liking for people or things of a particular kind.
- aedile — a magistrate of ancient Rome in charge of public works, games, buildings, and roads
- ancile — a shield that was said to have fallen from heaven, on whose preservation the fortune of Rome was thought to depend
- audile — a person who possesses a faculty for auditory imagery that is more distinct than his visual or other imagery
- awhile — Awhile means for a short time. It is more commonly spelled 'a while', which is considered more correct, especially in British English.
7 letter words ending with ile
8 letter words ending with ile
9 letter words ending with ile
- aeolipile — a device illustrating the reactive forces of a gas jet: usually a spherical vessel mounted so as to rotate and equipped with angled exit pipes from which steam within it escapes
- aerophile — (biology) Any air-breathing organism.
- airmobile — capable of being moved by air, esp by helicopter
- artmobile — a truck trailer outfitted to transport and exhibit works of art in areas without access to museums.
- atmophile — (of a chemical element in the earth) having an affinity for the atmosphere, as neon or helium.
10 letter words ending with ile
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- afterwhile — (US, dialect) afterwards.
- amphiphile — any of many organic compounds such as detergents combining both hydrophilic and hydrophobic properties
- anglophile — If you describe a non-British person as Anglophile, you mean that they admire Britain and British culture.
- aquamanile — a medieval water vessel
11 letter words ending with ile
12 letter words ending with ile
- acetonitrile — a colourless organic chemical, CH3CN, used chiefly as a solvent
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
- benzonitrile — a clear, colorless, viscous, poisonous liquid, C 7 H 5 N, used chiefly as an intermediate in organic synthesis.
- circumfusile — able to be diffused or poured around
- electrophile — (chemistry) a compound or functional group that is attractive to, and accepts electrons, especially accepting an electron pair from a nucleophile to form a bond.
13 letter words ending with ile
- acrylonitrile — a colourless liquid that is miscible with water and has toxic fumes: used in the manufacture of acrylic fibres and resins, rubber, and thermoplastics. Formula: CH2:CHCN
- blood-profile — a diagnostic test that determines the exact numbers of each type of blood cell in a fixed quantity of blood. Abbreviation: CBC.
- chromatophile — Also, chromophilic, chromophilous [kroh-mof-uh-luh s] /kroʊˈmɒf ə ləs/ (Show IPA), chromatophilic, chromatophilous. staining readily.
- cross-fertile — capable of cross-fertilization or of being cross-fertilized
- cross-sterile — incapable of reproducing due to hybridization.
14 letter words ending with ile
16 letter words ending with ile
- hyperthermophile — (biology) An organism that lives and thrives in an extremely hot environment, such as a deep sea smoker vent; often a member of the Archaea.
- lily-of-the-nile — a plant, Agapanthus africanus, of the amaryllis family, native to Africa, having large umbels of blue flowers.
- stenothermophile — a stenothermophilic bacterium.
- thermoacidophile — any organism, especially a type of archaebacterium, that thrives in strongly acidic environments at high temperatures.
17 letter words ending with ile
19 letter words ending with ile
- government-in-exile — a government temporarily moved to or formed in a foreign land by exiles who hope to establish that government in their native country after its liberation.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ILE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 594 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ILE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.