Words ending with il
2 letter words ending with il
3 letter words ending with il
4 letter words ending with il
- akil — a male given name: from an Arabic word meaning “one who uses reason.”.
- anil — a leguminous West Indian shrub, Indigofera suffruticosa: a source of indigo
- aril — an appendage on certain seeds, such as those of the yew and nutmeg, developed from or near the funicle of the ovule and often brightly coloured and fleshy
- axil — the angle between the upper surface of a branch or leafstalk and the stem from which it grows
- bail — Bail is a sum of money that an arrested person or someone else puts forward as a guarantee that the arrested person will attend their trial in a law court. If the arrested person does not attend it, the money will be lost.
5 letter words ending with il
6 letter words ending with il
- absail — Misspelling of abseil.
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
- accoil — a welcome
- admail — Alternative expression for junk mail.
- agnail — a sore or swelling around a fingernail or toenail
7 letter words ending with il
- abigail — the woman who brought provisions to David and his followers and subsequently became his wife (I Samuel 25:1–42)
- airfoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- airmail — Airmail is the system of sending letters, parcels, and goods by air.
- antheil — George. 1900–59, US composer. His best known work is the controversial Le Ballet Méchanique (1924) for motor horns, bells, and aeroplane propellers
- apostil — a marginal note
8 letter words ending with il
- aerofoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- alguacil — a Spanish law officer similar to a sheriff or chief constable
- alguazil — An officer of the law in Spain or Latin America. (from 16th c.).
- anquetil — Jacques [zhak] /ʒak/ (Show IPA), 1934–87, French cyclist with five victories (1957, 1961–64) in the Tour de France.
- aventail — the movable front flap on a helmet
9 letter words ending with il
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
- artemotil — A fast-acting blood schizonticide specifically indicated for the treatment of chloroquine-resistant Plasmodium falciparum malaria and cerebral malaria cases.
- blackmail — Blackmail is the action of threatening to reveal a secret about someone, unless they do something you tell them to do, such as giving you money.
- blacktail — a variety of mule deer having a black tail
- broadtail — the highly valued black wavy fur obtained from the skins of newly born karakul lambs; caracul
10 letter words ending with il
- argenteuil — a suburb of Paris, France, with a convent (656) that became famous when Héloïse was abbess (12th century). Pop: 103 250 (2008)
- back-trail — to backtrack.
- blue-devil — blue heaven.
- breastrail — the upper rail of any parapet on a ship
- bridalveil — a waterfall in Yosemite National Park, California. 620 feet (189 meters) high.
11 letter words ending with il
- blue-pencil — to alter, abridge, or cancel with or as with a pencil that has blue lead, as in editing a manuscript.
- bristletail — any primitive wingless insect of the orders Thysanura and Diplura, such as the silverfish and firebrat, having a flattened body and long tail appendages
- bromouracil — a brominated derivative of uracil with antimetabolite properties
- counterfoil — A counterfoil is the part of a cheque, ticket, or other document that you keep when you give the other part to someone else.
- countervail — to act or act against with equal power or force
12 letter words ending with il
- brise-soleil — a structure used in hot climates to protect a window from the sun, usually consisting of horizontal or vertical strips of wood, concrete, etc
- chlorambucil — an alkylating drug derived from nitrogen mustard, administered orally in the treatment of leukaemia and other malignant diseases. Formula: C14H19Cl2NO2
- chromatophil — Also, chromatophilic, chromatophilous [kroh-muh-tof-uh-luh s] /ˌkroʊ məˈtɒf ə ləs/ (Show IPA). chromophil (def 1).
- draggle-tail — slut; slattern.
- fluorouracil — a pyrimidine analog, C 4 H 3 FN 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of certain cancers.
13 letter words ending with il
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- bustard-quail — any of several birds of the family Turnicidae, of warmer parts of the Old World, resembling but not related to the true quail. Also called bustard quail, hemipode.
- lizard's-tail — either of two marsh herbs of the genus Saururus, especially S. cernuus, of North America, having drooping spikes of fragrant, white flowers.
14 letter words ending with il
16 letter words ending with il
- propylthiouracil — a white crystalline compound, C 7 H 1 0 N 2 OS, that interferes with the synthesis of thyroid hormone by the thyroid gland: used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism.
17 letter words ending with il
- bitter-almond-oil — Also called sweet almond oil, expressed almond oil. a colorless to pale yellow fatty oil expressed from the seeds of the sweet almond, used in preparing perfumes and confections.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1181 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.