Words ending with ics
3 letter words ending with ics
- ics — Nouns ending in -ics that name fields of study, sciences, arts, professions, or the like are usually not preceded by an article and are used with a singular verb: Acoustics (the science) deals with sound. Politics (the art of government) fascinates me. In certain uses, often when preceded by a determiner like the, his, her, or their, most of these nouns can take a plural verb: The acoustics (the sound-reflecting qualities) of the hall are splendid. Their politics (political opinions) have antagonized everyone.
4 letter words ending with ics
5 letter words ending with ics
6 letter words ending with ics
- antics — Antics are funny, silly, or unusual ways of behaving.
- attics — Plural form of attic.
- basics — The basics of something are its simplest, most important elements, ideas, or principles, in contrast to more complicated or detailed ones.
- civics — Civics is the study of the rights and duties of the citizens of a society.
- colics — Plural form of colic.
7 letter words ending with ics
8 letter words ending with ics
- -iatrics — indicating medical care or treatment
- acrylics — Plural form of acrylic.
- aerobics — Aerobics is a form of exercise which increases the amount of oxygen in your blood, and strengthens your heart and lungs. The verb that follows aerobics may be either singular or plural.
- alembics — Plural form of alembic.
- aquatics — sports or pastimes performed in or on the water
9 letter words ending with ics
- academics — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
- acoustics — the scientific study of sound and sound waves
- acrostics — Plural form of acrostic.
- agnostics — Plural form of agnostic.
- analytics — the part of logic having to do with analyzing
10 letter words ending with ics
- acrobatics — Acrobatics are acrobatic movements.
- aerobatics — Aerobatics are skilful displays of flying, usually to entertain people watching from the ground.
- aeroponics — aeroculture.
- aesthetics — Aesthetics is a branch of philosophy concerned with the study of the idea of beauty.
- agonistics — The range of activities associated with aggressive encounters between members of the same species, including threat, attack, appeasement, or retreat.
11 letter words ending with ics
- acroamatics — Esoteric lectures.
- aero-optics — the study of the effect of aircraft-induced and atmospheric disturbances on the efficiency of laser weapons
- aerodromics — (obsolete) The science of flying airplanes.
- aeronautics — Aeronautics is the science of designing and building aeroplanes.
- aerostatics — the study of gases in equilibrium and bodies held in equilibrium in gases
12 letter words ending with ics
- acatalectics — Plural form of acatalectic.
- aerodonetics — the study of soaring or gliding flight, esp the study of gliders
- aerodynamics — Aerodynamics is the study of the way in which objects move through the air.
- aeroelastics — the study of aeroelastic phenomena.
- anaesthetics — the science, study, and practice of anaesthesia and its application
13 letter words ending with ics
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
- aeroacoustics — the study of the generation and transmittance of sound by fluid flow
- aeromagnetics — the science of measuring magnetic characteristics associated with atmospheric conditions of the earth.
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
- alphanumerics — Plural form of alphanumeric.
14 letter words ending with ics
15 letter words ending with ics
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- antiarrhythmics — Plural form of antiarrhythmic.
- bioastronautics — the study of the effects of space flight on living organisms
- characteristics — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
- claustrophobics — Plural form of claustrophobic.
16 letter words ending with ics
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anticholinergics — Plural form of anticholinergic.
- counternarcotics — Measures or activities designed to prevent the use or distrubution of iillegal narcotic drugs.
- electroacoustics — a branch of acoustics that deals with the conversion of sound into electricity and vice versa, as in a microphone or a speaker
- electromagnetics — Electricity and magnetism, collectively, as a field of study.
17 letter words ending with ics
- anthroposemiotics — The study of human communication.
- chemotherapeutics — chemotherapy.
- hydrotherapeutics — hydrotherapy.
- immunodiagnostics — the determination of immunologic characteristics of individuals, cells, and other biologic entities.
- macro-linguistics — a field of study concerned with language in its broadest sense and including cultural and behavioral features associated with language.
18 letter words ending with ics
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- alphaphotographics — A display made up of text characters combined with high-resolution photographic images (proposed as a future form of videotex).
- cytoarchitectonics — Cytoarchitecture.
- magnetogasdynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
- psychotherapeutics — psychotherapy.
19 letter words ending with ics
20 letter words ending with ics
21 letter words ending with ics
- magnetoplasmadynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
26 letter words ending with ics
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ICS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 862 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ICS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.